Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
Trailblazer Still Stacks Up
By JEM77

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Think about price and reliability and you'll find the Trailblazer LT really holds up. This is my second and it has plenty of power, comfort, and a price point that allows for many extras including a factory sunroof. It goes anywhere and I never have had an issue with it. The 4WD is an option as well, I live in FL so no need. The critics ratings are often harsh because it's been around a while and not cache, but note owner ratings, owners love the car.

Favorite Features

Pick up and right size.

Suggested Improvements

Factory tires are weak. Pick up a set of Firestone Destination A/T or L/E's and you'll see huge performance improvements and better look with 255/65 R17's/

Good Bang for the Buck
By andrecan

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Coming off a 2004 Z06 lease I wanted to keep some "Vette" in my life w/2 kids and frequent trips to snow country demand AWD. While no Vette, it does instill confidence leaving tolls or kicking down to pass at any speed. Ride is nice and handling is good for this size vehicle. Seats are comfortable. Window doesn't close properly properly at high speed. I have to slow down, then close to get proper fit wout wind noise. Also transmission wants to slow this car down when you try to coast at about 68 mph. which makes it challenging to keep a steady foot in traffic at that speed. I like my wifes FX45 2x better but after comparing stickers I'm happy.

Favorite Features

Of course: 0-60 time. Agressive looking front and side profile OnStar hands free linked with Verizon family plan is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Gearing: Quality: GM's continuing problem with Key - Steering lock mechanisms. It sticks (it did that on both my Vettes too). Duel Exhaust pipes on the other side! Shave some pounds off somewhere..

SS TB Rocks!
By DCC

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 2 Corvettes but needing a truck, this is a great way to go. Gas mileage could be much better if Chevy junked the 4-speed transmission for a five or 6-speed. Other than that, it's a blast to drive. This truck gets a lot of looks and is nicer looking (inside and out) than the SRT Jeep I was looking at.

Favorite Features

The SS looks great and is a lot of fun to drive. Almost as much fun as my '06 Corvette.

Suggested Improvements

Needs overdrive. 4-speed tranny is so 1990's. Gas mileage could be better if you weren't turning 2500 rpm just cruising down the highway.

'08 Black SS
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I needed an AWD truck/SUV and opted for the TBSS (rebates, standard features). No regrets, drives great, enough power to scare you and pulls a 20' bassboat like it isn't even attached. No problems or issues in 20k miles. Only problem is no matter how I drive I can't get over 16mpg, 50 or 100 doesn't matter. Low 14 high 16, but with everything onboard and the performance not to be found ANYWHERE else in a SUV, period, I'm nit picking about the gas mileage. Love the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, gobs of power, not many around, lots of creature comforts and rock solid reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better gauge faces especially the white tach. 5-speed transmission would be nice too.

Enjoy every moment of the drive!
By thesubwaypushe

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It took me about two seconds into the test drive to turn to my friend in the back seat and yell, "This is my truck!" And I didn't care that the salesperson heard me. That's how excited I was as I settled into the bolstered leather seats and hit the accelerator. Then after a mile or so, I realized this was a very special truck. It drives like a sports car and truly tugs at your soul when it hits you with that attractive engine note. Going out to the winding curves of Long Island or the hilly moutains in the country is such a treat. It feels like a true muscle CAR of yesteryear, is extremely comfortable, and looks great as well. Vroooooom!!! Chris Thomasel

Favorite Features

Power Comfort Handling Steering Suspension Payload area Looks

Suggested Improvements

Could use a differently designed Navigation screen, this Bose, although an excellent performer, is kind of bland.