Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Not sure I want another Chevrolet
By cottonqueen

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!

An Excellent Affordable SUV!
By Kansas Sunflower

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Since buying this vehicle I have driven it in town, on highways, in mud, in sand, in snow, and some on ice. Much of the driving has been a combination of city and highway, but it has been on one trip of about 2000 miles. The performance has been great and the overall mileage has been better than I expected. Most city driving yields about 15-16mpg and most highway driving has yielded 19-20 mpg. However, during the 2000 mile trip the TrailBlazer (6 cylinder) got 23 mpg at times with an overall average of 21 mpg for the trp. This is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and to ride as a passenger. It has not given me any problems so far.

Favorite Features

Great ride, plenty of power, good looking vehicle, very dependable

Suggested Improvements

A five or six speed transmission with the same engine might improver overall mileage.

Love my TrailBlazer!
By New chevyowner

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After being a 25 year Ford customer and having a dismal experience with my last Explorer, I decided to make the switch to a Chevy. Wow what a difference, I should have done it years ago. The TrailBlazer is as beautiful as the Explorer, with a much smoother ride. I can't feel every little crack in the road like with the Explorer, the transmission is superb with none of the problems I experienced from day one with the horrible Explorer transmission (so far, I haven't had it long). Chevy offers the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which tells me that they put alot of confidence in their product.

Favorite Features

Love the seatbelts, they are lower and don't dig into my neck. Love the adjustable drivers seat, (I didn't know a driver's seat could be so comfortable) the XM radio, and one year free OnStar!

Suggested Improvements

I have noticed the cargo area isn't as roomy as my '04 Explorer's, also the middle console is quite a bit smaller. Minor issues though, considering the problems I had with the Explorer. I will take a little less room any day over cracked pieces, peeling paint, and clunky transmission!

TrailBlazer Redux
By richgimmel

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second TrailBlazer. My first was an '06 that I gave up without a single problem after 70,000 miles. GM was discounting the new '08 models so heavily I had to buy one. This is a very well-built vehicle. Naturally, GM decided to shut down the plant that makes them.

Favorite Features

The straight-six, interior comfort. Mileage: 21 hwy, 16 city after 2,500 miles, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Much better than it's reviews
By Locust

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is a plain vanilla SUV, but get in and see what you get for thousands less than those that get the great reviews. It has some great features, phone, directions & emergency. A very nice ride, Bose speakers, buttery soft leather, 2 zone temp control & deep tinted windows. And a lot of room, I'm a big guy at 265 & I'm not squished in , the seats are large & firm with plenty of headroom.

Favorite Features

I wouldn't call it a feature, but this is a good ride on a road trip, you're up a bit higher with good visablity all around, cruise control & XM radio. The miles fly by.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like some improvements in sound proofing for those road trips. The cabin could & should be quiter.