Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

wish i could drive it
By david mcdermott

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

well so far ive had my trailblazer almost a month and ive gotten to drive it for two weeks of it. only 500 miles on it and already in shop 3 times for check engine light comming on. first couple times they thought it may be a gas cap, now its been in shop for several days for same thing however now its because a bad sensor that they had to pull gas tank to get to. hopefully that fixes it, thank god for 36,000 mile warranty, after its over come talk to me if you want a 08 trailblazer for cheap as is. anyway, i like my rental car

sound system, comfort of seats, and powerfull

get rid of check engine light

Way better then I expected
By Canyons

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were looking at a Yukon or a Tahoe but for the price you just can't beat this. I was a little hesitant at first to buy this but I quickly changed my mind. The drive is super smooth (better then some cars) there is room in the back for my 6'3 husband and enough room for our two large Labradors in the back. With a new baby on the way we should have plenty of room for everyone :)

LOVE the seating, very comfortable. Rides smooth and the tinted glass is a +

The exhaust on this SUV is a bit large. If Chevy can find a way to hide it a bit more it would improve the over all look.

The Comfort of a Luxury Vehicle
By Sailingsoon

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle new for $18K when GM was offering great rebates- what a bargain! In 2003 we purchased a TB for my daughter and were impressed by the ride and ease of parking and handling. The reliability of her TB was OK, but not stellar. In 90,000 miles she had to have the fan clutch replaced, a passenger side power window replaced at her cost and had some initial warranty problems with door seals and taillights. I read where GM later changed the type of fan clutch and solved that problem.

Smooth ride, better than most luxury cars. This is the easiest vehicle to park in tight places we have ever owned. My wife and daughter love to drive this vehicle. OnStar is a great safety feature that gives added security on out of town trips and came free for 1yr. Towing package came standard.

Gas mileage is not great, but what was expected (16-17 city, 22 on mostly interstate trips). However, I have a boat and trailer and like the towing capacity and performance. Would not want to give this up for a little better mileage. The base model radio is marginal. Overall, GM canned a winner.

No room it the back
By Kaye

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has always been a dream vehicle until we bought it. The vehicle is very comfortable except the backseat which is very uncomfortable and no room. There is no extras it is only basic inside.

I love the drive and handling of the vehicle. The room is good except for the backseat.

More room in backseat, something like the Equinox with the moveable forward and backward back seat and the tilt backs of the seat.

Not sure I want another Chevrolet
By cottonqueen

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!