2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Fast
By Midnight on 03/24/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The wife wanted a hybrid, but nothing caught my except the TBSS. It has a mean muscular stance. We bought one in Red Jewel Tintcoat. Just a beautiful color. It is fast, roomy, and handles real well. I like big trucks. I'm a big guy, and even though the HHR was better on gas, this works the best for us. My wife drives it to and from the train station and we use it on weekends. If I had to drive this to my work every day, 80 miles roundtrip, I wouldn't buy it because the gas would kill us. This is one awesome vehicle and is a lot fun to drive.

Great SUV for the money
By Ron on 03/10/08 17:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was a first time buyer of a Toyota product and after two years traded it on a Chevy TrailBlazer, best thing I've ever done. Great ride, plenty of power, good ride even on the long trips, good gas mileage, lots of head and leg room. Just a great fun to drive SUV. Next time I will stick with GM.

Chevy's SS package does it again!
By SS Man on 02/15/08 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For all you SS lovers out there, Chevy finally answered back! This SUV has it all... power, suspension, body style and all the options you need cruising at 100mph. I've had no problems with the windows rolling-up at high speeds (like another review I read) and the new 4 speed transmission allows a lot more than torque than any 5 or 6 speed can handle. I own a 2002 Camaro SS with a 6-speed manual transmission and could've only prayed for a 4-speed manual! Less shifting.... more driving! If you like stlye, comfort, power and most importantly SS packages buy this SUV now before there all gone. I recommend the the Black Granite Metallic for paint.

A compromise
By Drew on 02/06/08 16:35 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 6'5"tall with long legs and after spending nearly a year trying find a SUV that I could fit my legs into and drive without my knees hitting the driver's door armrest on the left and a place my right leg comfortably without hitting the stupid center console, which most exaggerate these days. The Trailblazer was the smallest SUV I could drive without bumping my legs or knees somewhere and get acceptable gas mileage. Even the new Tahoes have less leg room. Tried the Acadia too, No Dice! Pretty sad when most cars don't fit. I really like the vehicle, got all the bells and whistles I need and it's comfortable, fun to drive and handles well. I traded in a '99 Yukon w/230K miles on it.

Nice looking, reliable SUV
By Rickster1959 on 01/28/08 11:11 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased as used 2008 Chevy zone rep. demo. Fairly priced as a demo/used vehicle. Great looking ride!, Interior is very comfortable . Cabin is fairly quiet and well appointed. Lots and lots of features included with the 3LT model. Love the heated leather seats and mirrors. Bose stereo is unbeleiveable! Plenty of power is to be had via the famous Inline 4.2L inline six cylinder engine that I have read so many favorable reviews on. Standard trailering package is a welcome standard feature. So far, this is the nicest vehicle I have owned in over 32 yrs. I drive many miles per weeek, so Chevrolet 5 yr., 100,000 mile warranty is a valuable feature!

Gotta Love GM
By GMFanatik on 01/21/08 12:12 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Coming from an 07 Cobalt SS/SC with some decent performance mods, this SUV is a beast. I am quite impressed with the comfort, performance, daily drivability, and overall fit and finish of my Trailblazer SS. Stopping power, go power, and manueverability are very surprising to say the least. Surprising in a positive way of course. I would not recommend the dealership I dealt with, but I would highly recommend picking one of these up.

Think twice before you purchase this
By stick w/honda on 01/19/08 19:23 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my truck for 3 months and steering was shaking violently and brakes were even worse. Took it into the dealership TWICE, but they could find the problem which is still going on! I had a Honda for the past 10 years without a single problem. I regret going with GM. I don't feel safe in it and very hesitant transporting my children in it. I hate this truck and how I fear for my safety in it. Traction light is always coming on and the traction warning light comes on too. I was told it is ok by the dealership and it would reset itself when I turned off the car. It does, only to turn right back on 5-10 minutes later.

Good Bang for the Buck
By andrecan on 01/19/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Coming off a 2004 Z06 lease I wanted to keep some "Vette" in my life w/2 kids and frequent trips to snow country demand AWD. While no Vette, it does instill confidence leaving tolls or kicking down to pass at any speed. Ride is nice and handling is good for this size vehicle. Seats are comfortable. Window doesn't close properly properly at high speed. I have to slow down, then close to get proper fit wout wind noise. Also transmission wants to slow this car down when you try to coast at about 68 mph. which makes it challenging to keep a steady foot in traffic at that speed. I like my wifes FX45 2x better but after comparing stickers I'm happy.

Great Car
By Larry Marquez on 11/27/07 16:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Most of the people that I know including mechanics love this car. Now I know why. It's a joy to drive. I dislike the new European styling so this is the car for me. GM has a winner in this SUV. Recently found out the the small Hummer uses the same chasis.

TrailBlazer SS: SSweet.
By Matt Peters on 11/03/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Not many changes for 2008, but all together the vehicle is a fun and comfortable muscle-truck. The throttle response at all rpm ranges is strong and allows for a fun drive. The tight sport-tuned suspension leaves one with the feeling of driving a car much lower to the ground. The sound of the Corvette LS-2 engine is evident at idle and even more so in high rpm. The full option electronic interior with heated seats and leather/suede wrapping make for a feeling of luxury most GM SUV's don't allow for. Overall, the SS is very sporty in exterior and interior styling, strong horsepower, and tight suspension with the interior luxury factors making it desirable for even standard SUV fans.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.