2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
SS TB Rocks!
By DCC on 09/05/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 2 Corvettes but needing a truck, this is a great way to go. Gas mileage could be much better if Chevy junked the 4-speed transmission for a five or 6-speed. Other than that, it's a blast to drive. This truck gets a lot of looks and is nicer looking (inside and out) than the SRT Jeep I was looking at.

Wow
By Kimberly Heck on 08/16/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I have problems with low back pain and seats are a great fit for me. This car drives like a dream with tight ride, a little softer than a Mercedes. I managed to get this car with the 5.3 engine and I am very impressed with the performance and I have no problems merging into busy Dallas traffic. The turning radius is amazing and can easily manage any U-turn or parking lot space. I know the the fuel economy could be better but I can't complain because I knew that when I bought the vehicle.

Still great
By darren on 08/05/08 20:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Great power, ride, fuel economy better than expected, all the safety features, the quality is awsome! Better than any Toyota I've ever owned. Will buy my wife an 09

Big Fun With a Price
By drwooly on 07/01/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Now, on 07-01-08, kind of an update, because I've always felt like initial purchase is like lust, but keeping for a while is long-term love. MPG has leveled at 15 town/road, and drops to 11 if towing.Where's the six-speed A/T? Ride has degraded some because of low- profile tires, but still fun. Obviously, GM engineers don't expect anyone w/ this vehicle to tow anything because of the brain-dead design for electrical connections is impossible to use w/o altering /cutting some plastic. Just for fun, entered a car show we were playing music for, and walked away with a Top 25 medal for newer models. Didn't expect that! Still fun, still drinks gas like Foster Brooks, very nice!

Love My Trailblazer
By Red1 on 06/19/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my '05 Equinox for my '08 Trailblazer. It has great pick up and a very comfortable ride.I like the interior styling. The controls are all easy to use. The steering wheel controls were a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it. My 3LT has a lot of nice features, sunroof, Bose Radio w/6 cd changer, blk leather seats with warmers (needed for Chicago winters), recall seating using key remotes. The list goes on. Gas mileage same as Equinox more or less. Right now I am averaging 17.3 in the city (must be the lack of summer traffic).

High-Tech ... But Still Some 'Retro'!
By tknrg on 05/19/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The "TBSS Experience" is as close as you're going to come today to getting a true sense of the good old glory days of the historic "Chevy SS" muscle cars of the '60s and early '70s! This vehicle not only recreates the feeling of the "SS power cruisers" of the past - - but it has handling, ride, comfort, and convenience features that go well beyond most vehicles (car, SUV, or truck) on the road today, especially in its price-range. This is an all- around, truly fine, American-made, limited production vehicle! Pretty spectacular all-around!

2nd TrailBlazer
By chevy buyer on 05/10/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second TrailBlazer to purchase. The first one I had for four years with vitually no mechanical problems. I love the 2008 and the cosmetic changes to the front and rear end and the wheels! Great black leather interior, sun roof and 6 disc cd. It is really fun to drive and looks good. OnStar is a nice security feature too

Nice SUV
By Joe on 05/07/08 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a 2005 Saturn Vue because of our growing family. It is more comfortable, quieter, than the Vue. The Vue was much faster due to the Honda V6 that it had, and it was better on gas. For being rwd, the TrailBlazer did great in the snowy season we had in Detroit Michigan. We never got stuck, or slid off the road. We average 15mpg in the city, and 20mpg on the high way.

A Wonderful Blend
By tjl on 04/30/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD is the first performance truck I have owned. In the past I have had BMWs. Z Cars, etc. as my performance rides and a Blazer as my truck. I read a lot of reviews and on-line postings about the TB SS. I took one for an extended test drive and I was hooked. No car I have ever seen does everything well. The truly great cars are a balance of features and the Trailblazer SS is a great ride. Chevy has not just jammed a Corvette engine in a SUV. They have paid attention to all the details such as handling, comfort, looks, build quality, and did I say performance? They have tweaked everything. You will forget that you are in an SUV. The SS is a true joy to drive.

Big fun with a price
By drwooly on 04/23/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Course I got this before the current gas problems, but I don't care! With the 6.0L engine, this is a blast to drive. Feels very solid; better than my last; 2004 Silverado Crew Cab. AWD really feels good. Mileage is worse than expected, but not horrible. (The same as my Silverados' 5.3L engine) Road/Street combined around 14-15 mpg. Have found 1.5 mpg difference between 55mph, and 65mph. Build quality vey,very good. No problems, 4,00 mi. into it. Just a good, less expensive Corvette, with a big trunk!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.