Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Well built
By Harold W.

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this program Trailblazer with 7500 miles on it. Now has 16700 and I don't have one complaint. It is one of the best handling vehicle I have driven. Very comfortable on long trips.I have not had anything to complain about and I would buy another one.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Boise Radio, Heated seats and handling.

Suggested Improvements

none

Worse car I could have purchased
By Gentletouch

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB new with 21 miles on it. Two months later my computers went out. I blew the horn and the car died. Took a week for the dealership to figure what was actually wrong with the truck, and took another week and a half to fix it. I have a funny noisy from the wheels now when I back up. Dealer said it was rocks and it would go away, but it didn’t. The stabilitrack light comes on all the time for no reason. When I went to trade the TB in the value on it is next to nothing. I wouldn’t recommend this care to anybody.

Favorite Features

XM radio, And heater

Happy so far...
By Derek

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer 1LT... our first American built car after a trio of Nissans.We are very happy with our purchase so far. Excellent ride,expected fuel mileage 15city/21hwy,excellent space for each passenger,a real surprise. We were not set on a TrailBlazer but after our purchase we would not hesitate to purchase a newer more updated version if it was produced.

Favorite Features

On-Star-a much over looked under marketed product which we are very happy to have. Take off speed. Size of vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Update the interior to complete with Ford products,6 speed trans

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer
By superniceman

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best SUV for the price! Have driven quite a number of new and used SUV's. In my opinion it was well worth the price I paid! Very comfortable to sit in, controls within easy reach, well designed. The front bottom seats are especially long, which relieves leg stress on long trips! Very stable on the road, even at 70. Hardly any sway around corners. Great fuel economy with 6 cylinder engine. Plenty of passing power. All the bells and whistles. Very roomy trunk. Great CD sound system. Easy to reach oil filter.

Favorite Features

Passenger Safety, Very Comfortable, Passing Power, Fuel Economy, Price and Re-Sale Value!

Suggested Improvements

Design flaw with the front seat bottom plastic cover plates. They have clips that hold them in place. Within 2 years both sides have broken clips. Instead of buying replacements and waiting for them to break again...I carefully drilled one hole on each plate and installed 2 chrome screws! Perfect Now

TB5.3v8
By Nick Ricc

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

First TB was 02, and didn't like 4.2. Was traded for 04 Tahoe that was great, but I was offered special incentives to trade on a 08TB 5.3, and have enjoyed it ever since. MPG average is about 18.2 and seems to improve with middle grade 89.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed AT