2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS Consumer Reviews 2

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Big fun with a price
By drwooly on 04/23/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Course I got this before the current gas problems, but I don't care! With the 6.0L engine, this is a blast to drive. Feels very solid; better than my last; 2004 Silverado Crew Cab. AWD really feels good. Mileage is worse than expected, but not horrible. (The same as my Silverados' 5.3L engine) Road/Street combined around 14-15 mpg. Have found 1.5 mpg difference between 55mph, and 65mph. Build quality vey,very good. No problems, 4,00 mi. into it. Just a good, less expensive Corvette, with a big trunk!

Fast
By Midnight on 03/24/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The wife wanted a hybrid, but nothing caught my except the TBSS. It has a mean muscular stance. We bought one in Red Jewel Tintcoat. Just a beautiful color. It is fast, roomy, and handles real well. I like big trucks. I'm a big guy, and even though the HHR was better on gas, this works the best for us. My wife drives it to and from the train station and we use it on weekends. If I had to drive this to my work every day, 80 miles roundtrip, I wouldn't buy it because the gas would kill us. This is one awesome vehicle and is a lot fun to drive.

Chevy's SS package does it again!
By SS Man on 02/15/08 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For all you SS lovers out there, Chevy finally answered back! This SUV has it all... power, suspension, body style and all the options you need cruising at 100mph. I've had no problems with the windows rolling-up at high speeds (like another review I read) and the new 4 speed transmission allows a lot more than torque than any 5 or 6 speed can handle. I own a 2002 Camaro SS with a 6-speed manual transmission and could've only prayed for a 4-speed manual! Less shifting.... more driving! If you like stlye, comfort, power and most importantly SS packages buy this SUV now before there all gone. I recommend the the Black Granite Metallic for paint.

Gotta Love GM
By GMFanatik on 01/21/08 12:12 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Coming from an 07 Cobalt SS/SC with some decent performance mods, this SUV is a beast. I am quite impressed with the comfort, performance, daily drivability, and overall fit and finish of my Trailblazer SS. Stopping power, go power, and manueverability are very surprising to say the least. Surprising in a positive way of course. I would not recommend the dealership I dealt with, but I would highly recommend picking one of these up.

Good Bang for the Buck
By andrecan on 01/19/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Coming off a 2004 Z06 lease I wanted to keep some "Vette" in my life w/2 kids and frequent trips to snow country demand AWD. While no Vette, it does instill confidence leaving tolls or kicking down to pass at any speed. Ride is nice and handling is good for this size vehicle. Seats are comfortable. Window doesn't close properly properly at high speed. I have to slow down, then close to get proper fit wout wind noise. Also transmission wants to slow this car down when you try to coast at about 68 mph. which makes it challenging to keep a steady foot in traffic at that speed. I like my wifes FX45 2x better but after comparing stickers I'm happy.

TrailBlazer SS: SSweet.
By Matt Peters on 11/03/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Not many changes for 2008, but all together the vehicle is a fun and comfortable muscle-truck. The throttle response at all rpm ranges is strong and allows for a fun drive. The tight sport-tuned suspension leaves one with the feeling of driving a car much lower to the ground. The sound of the Corvette LS-2 engine is evident at idle and even more so in high rpm. The full option electronic interior with heated seats and leather/suede wrapping make for a feeling of luxury most GM SUV's don't allow for. Overall, the SS is very sporty in exterior and interior styling, strong horsepower, and tight suspension with the interior luxury factors making it desirable for even standard SUV fans.

Great Buy
By nick on 10/31/07 21:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you're looking for an SUV look into this Chevy. Yea, the gas mileage is terrible, but it handles great, has great looks, and plenty of cargo space. The styling cues are great, and with the usual large Chevy rebate you can get this truck affordably! This is a must consider

Zoom, Zoom and more Zoom
By Nice on 10/25/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you looking for comfort and performance this is the SUV that you should consider. This has so much power, it's hard to imagine a SUV can give this type of performance. If you looking for a family vehicle that is fuel efficient, this is not your type. If you want something fast with the capabilities of a SUV and comfort, look no further.

High Performance SUV
By Alan on 10/22/07 04:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most fun SUV I've ever driven. The power is super & the handling is more like a sports car. If the bad mileage doesn't bother you this SUV is hands down the best performace SUV out there. Only had a minor problem so far & it was fixed promply. Where else can you get a Corvette engine & handling package in a SUV.

Nice SUV
By Bruce on 10/21/07 05:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fun SUV. Not to be mistaken for a real off road SUV. The fuel mileage is better than the manufacturer says, I'm getting 16.57 mpg. I am looking forward to increasing the horsepower. If you are looking forward to a fun SUV with horsepower this is the SUV for you.