Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Nice car at a good deal
By Meyers

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer mostly for towing my toys around. It does this very well. It doesn't get much mileage as I have 2 beater cars that I drive on a daily basis. I get anywhere from 15 to 17 MPG in the city and around 21 on open highways. I have been a Ford guy through and through, but when it came to this purchase, I couldn't pass it up. For the price and features, it beat all Explorers that I looked at. Don't get me wrong, if I were buying brand new, it would be Ford all day, just on principle, but I was looking at getting the biggest bang for my buck on this purchase.

Favorite Features

Towing capacity, passenger and cargo space, nice additional gauges that you don't see on most vehicles at this level

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complaint would have to be the 4 speed transmission. You can definitely feel the transmission shift through the gears. My only other complaint would be that the breaks seem to be undersized. It feels like I'm trying to bring a tank to a stop in traffic.

Too Much Gas!
By Too much gas!

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car EXCEPT the horrible gas mileage. I only get about 13 mpg! I have taken it in and they say that nothing is wrong and that Trailblazer's are gas hogs. It costs $65 to fill up my tank and if I am lucky I get 300 miles. We have tried high performance oil, but that didn't seem to help much. I enjoy the smooth ride and the power of the engine but it sucks both the oil and your wallet dry! We bought it with 17 mpg in town advertised BUT I have never gotten anywhere close, so we feel like we were ripped off. I have only put 10,000 miles on it and drive average. It handles well in rain and snow when the 4 x 4 kicks in.

Favorite Features

Power, reliability & comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve the gas mileage! Would like an automatic mileage tracking system in it.

Love mine!
By L. Reeve

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 in 2008. Have 40K mi. on it now. (3 road trips). Pulls my travel trailer like it's not there and I get over 18 mpg. while pulling it! I get 19.8 in town. I have had no issues with it at all except a rattle where the sun roof is. One road trip was long and it was extremely comfortable. I have three Boxers and they all fit comfortably in the rear. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Sorry they aren't still making them!

Favorite Features

Comfy, leather seats; nice ride

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise. Other than that, no complaints!

Sad to see the TrailBlazer leave
By This is worth a look

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After the 2009 Model year GM has discontinued the TrailBlazer and has replaced with with the new Equinox. I test drove a new Equinox last week and was VERY unhappy with it. The vehicle had no power (even with the V6) and the gas mileage was a far cry from what they had claimed. I have had an 04 Trailblazer which was just traded in on a 2010 Acadia and I still have my 2008 Trailblazer. Just can't part with her. There is just something about the exterior look of the LT and the strong acceleration that really sold me. I plan on keeping it until the doors fall off! 45K and not a single problem yet!

Favorite Features

XM Radio and OnStar

Suggested Improvements

A little less plastic on the dash and a nicer radio/climate control setup.

Very Sad
By sosad

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In the first year my 2008 TrailBlazer has had the rack and pinion, steering column, sircoil, stabilitrack, airbags, foam insulators, window regulator, left rear shock, five new brake boosters and 1 master cylinder all replaced after failing. Gm paid to have them replaced under warranty. My car is a lemon I wanted a buy back. They have been terrible and are just allowing me to have these newly replaced items warranted with extension. Gm has made me so so sad.