2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Great Vehicle
By kimba727 on 02/12/11 22:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 1Lt w/4x4-- 1 yr into owning the vehicle moved cross country--happy with performance and ride. It was a comfortable vehicle and has great turning radius for getting in and out of parking spaces. Even my hubby liked the turning and handling. I was involved in a 3 car crash-rear ended by a earlier model TB and had minimal damage-new rear bumper and lift gate. This vehicle held up. My lease is up and cant buy it--so will turn it in- It will be missed and down the road I will keep checking to see if I cant pickup the same model. It was great in the snow or any elements. Always felt safe and comfortable.

Good Truck
By fratblazer08 on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Trailblazer Blazes
By Jenny on 01/04/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our TB as a demo w/ 500 miles, great deal, great car! Drives and handles very well, much better than the Fords my family has owned. Has great space for our two carseats in the backseat and a smaller or thinner person in the middle when necessary. Cargo space is perfect, can fit strollers & groceries with room to spare. Easy to find and operate controls, love the electric seat adj as husband & I are 1 ft diff in height, can easily adj to our needs. Have had no problems whatsoever with routine maintenance. Gas mileage is as expected for an SUV. OnStar is a major bonus, especially when you have kids. Travels well for short & long distances - would definitely purchase again!

Worse car I could have purchased
By Gentletouch on 10/28/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB new with 21 miles on it. Two months later my computers went out. I blew the horn and the car died. Took a week for the dealership to figure what was actually wrong with the truck, and took another week and a half to fix it. I have a funny noisy from the wheels now when I back up. Dealer said it was rocks and it would go away, but it didn’t. The stabilitrack light comes on all the time for no reason. When I went to trade the TB in the value on it is next to nothing. I wouldn’t recommend this care to anybody.

Happy so far...
By Derek on 10/21/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer 1LT... our first American built car after a trio of Nissans.We are very happy with our purchase so far. Excellent ride,expected fuel mileage 15city/21hwy,excellent space for each passenger,a real surprise. We were not set on a TrailBlazer but after our purchase we would not hesitate to purchase a newer more updated version if it was produced.

wish i could drive it
By david mcdermott on 03/22/09 23:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

well so far ive had my trailblazer almost a month and ive gotten to drive it for two weeks of it. only 500 miles on it and already in shop 3 times for check engine light comming on. first couple times they thought it may be a gas cap, now its been in shop for several days for same thing however now its because a bad sensor that they had to pull gas tank to get to. hopefully that fixes it, thank god for 36,000 mile warranty, after its over come talk to me if you want a 08 trailblazer for cheap as is. anyway, i like my rental car

The Comfort of a Luxury Vehicle
By Sailingsoon on 03/02/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle new for $18K when GM was offering great rebates- what a bargain! In 2003 we purchased a TB for my daughter and were impressed by the ride and ease of parking and handling. The reliability of her TB was OK, but not stellar. In 90,000 miles she had to have the fan clutch replaced, a passenger side power window replaced at her cost and had some initial warranty problems with door seals and taillights. I read where GM later changed the type of fan clutch and solved that problem.

Not sure I want another Chevrolet
By cottonqueen on 02/24/09 12:26 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 2002 TrailBlazer, decided to get a new one. Boy was that a mistake. I loved it for the first 2 1/2 months. Then the stabilization light came on, got it fixed then check engine light came on. The nightmare begins, took in 12/27/08 and as of this date 2/24/09 I still have not gotten it fixed. They cannot get a torque converter. They say that is my problem. If they cannot get that part, what is to say they can get any other part that breaks! I am begining to hate Chevy. Paying for something, I cannot drive!

Great SUV
By stephanie on 09/25/08 07:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I drove Jeeps for years. I am so glad I made the switch to my TrailBlazer. I can only say great things about it! Would recomend it to anyone looking for a midsize suv! We have plenty power to tow our camper and boat. Better gas mileage than expected!

Wow
By Kimberly Heck on 08/16/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I have problems with low back pain and seats are a great fit for me. This car drives like a dream with tight ride, a little softer than a Mercedes. I managed to get this car with the 5.3 engine and I am very impressed with the performance and I have no problems merging into busy Dallas traffic. The turning radius is amazing and can easily manage any U-turn or parking lot space. I know the the fuel economy could be better but I can't complain because I knew that when I bought the vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.