2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Great Vehicle
By kimba727 on 02/12/11 22:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 1Lt w/4x4-- 1 yr into owning the vehicle moved cross country--happy with performance and ride. It was a comfortable vehicle and has great turning radius for getting in and out of parking spaces. Even my hubby liked the turning and handling. I was involved in a 3 car crash-rear ended by a earlier model TB and had minimal damage-new rear bumper and lift gate. This vehicle held up. My lease is up and cant buy it--so will turn it in- It will be missed and down the road I will keep checking to see if I cant pickup the same model. It was great in the snow or any elements. Always felt safe and comfortable.

Good Truck
By fratblazer08 on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Great Truck
By one great truck on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a very reliable and powerful vehicle. It still turns more heads than a crossover. It is comfortable on long trips and has the power of a V8. The dashboard and radio could use a little updating.

Do not buy this to tow anything
By john davis on 08/27/10 06:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased 2008 SUV 2 weeks ago. I read reviews. GM's claims were that this car would tow 5200 lbs and up depending on rear end. My boat and trailer weigh 3600. Now to tow on flat interstate highway it will not tow in fourth at all at speed limit without dropping to 3rd gear and 2nd gear on an incline. We contacted gm. They said there was nothing wrong and to tow in third gear 1300 miles to Florida down and 1300 back even though 2 states are mountain states and it would be in 2nd gear at least 1/2 of the time. This is very hard on whole drive train and would diminish the life of vehicle. Their 4.2 6 cyl. is rated at 291 hp at 6500 rpm but max rpm is 4500 how can you research like that just sick

Nice car at a good deal
By Meyers on 07/14/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Trailblazer mostly for towing my toys around. It does this very well. It doesn't get much mileage as I have 2 beater cars that I drive on a daily basis. I get anywhere from 15 to 17 MPG in the city and around 21 on open highways. I have been a Ford guy through and through, but when it came to this purchase, I couldn't pass it up. For the price and features, it beat all Explorers that I looked at. Don't get me wrong, if I were buying brand new, it would be Ford all day, just on principle, but I was looking at getting the biggest bang for my buck on this purchase.

Too Much Gas!
By Too much gas! on 06/28/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car EXCEPT the horrible gas mileage. I only get about 13 mpg! I have taken it in and they say that nothing is wrong and that Trailblazer's are gas hogs. It costs $65 to fill up my tank and if I am lucky I get 300 miles. We have tried high performance oil, but that didn't seem to help much. I enjoy the smooth ride and the power of the engine but it sucks both the oil and your wallet dry! We bought it with 17 mpg in town advertised BUT I have never gotten anywhere close, so we feel like we were ripped off. I have only put 10,000 miles on it and drive average. It handles well in rain and snow when the 4 x 4 kicks in.

Love mine!
By L. Reeve on 06/22/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 in 2008. Have 40K mi. on it now. (3 road trips). Pulls my travel trailer like it's not there and I get over 18 mpg. while pulling it! I get 19.8 in town. I have had no issues with it at all except a rattle where the sun roof is. One road trip was long and it was extremely comfortable. I have three Boxers and they all fit comfortably in the rear. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Sorry they aren't still making them!

Sad to see the TrailBlazer leave
By This is worth a look on 06/05/10 22:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After the 2009 Model year GM has discontinued the TrailBlazer and has replaced with with the new Equinox. I test drove a new Equinox last week and was VERY unhappy with it. The vehicle had no power (even with the V6) and the gas mileage was a far cry from what they had claimed. I have had an 04 Trailblazer which was just traded in on a 2010 Acadia and I still have my 2008 Trailblazer. Just can't part with her. There is just something about the exterior look of the LT and the strong acceleration that really sold me. I plan on keeping it until the doors fall off! 45K and not a single problem yet!

Very Sad
By sosad on 05/12/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In the first year my 2008 TrailBlazer has had the rack and pinion, steering column, sircoil, stabilitrack, airbags, foam insulators, window regulator, left rear shock, five new brake boosters and 1 master cylinder all replaced after failing. Gm paid to have them replaced under warranty. My car is a lemon I wanted a buy back. They have been terrible and are just allowing me to have these newly replaced items warranted with extension. Gm has made me so so sad.

Trail Blazer LTZ 6 In Line Engine 4WD
By Nayef on 05/04/10 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 2nd TB. I am satisfied with the car, but not the dealer :( Navigation System is there but the maps/program is not loaded and when I asked them for it, they told me the workshop has it. The workshop thought I as from Mars or other planets when I asked them to load the Map/Software. The car is excellent but the Dealer service is poor. BTW, I mean the dealer in the State of Qatar. a small country in the Arabian Gulf.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.