Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Enjoy every moment of the drive!
By thesubwaypushe

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It took me about two seconds into the test drive to turn to my friend in the back seat and yell, "This is my truck!" And I didn't care that the salesperson heard me. That's how excited I was as I settled into the bolstered leather seats and hit the accelerator. Then after a mile or so, I realized this was a very special truck. It drives like a sports car and truly tugs at your soul when it hits you with that attractive engine note. Going out to the winding curves of Long Island or the hilly moutains in the country is such a treat. It feels like a true muscle CAR of yesteryear, is extremely comfortable, and looks great as well. Vroooooom!!! Chris Thomasel

Power Comfort Handling Steering Suspension Payload area Looks

Could use a differently designed Navigation screen, this Bose, although an excellent performer, is kind of bland.

I Dig It
By Dave

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I get a little over 16 mpg average with fairly aggressive driving. I can't complain for what I get. Suspension was too stiff so I softened a little. Perfect now. VERY fun to drive. Its my work truck. People always asking what the heck it is-- SS's are rare around here.

The driveline and brakes. The look, inside and out.

Glove box light, air conditioned seats.

'08 Black SS
By Mike

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I needed an AWD truck/SUV and opted for the TBSS (rebates, standard features). No regrets, drives great, enough power to scare you and pulls a 20' bassboat like it isn't even attached. No problems or issues in 20k miles. Only problem is no matter how I drive I can't get over 16mpg, 50 or 100 doesn't matter. Low 14 high 16, but with everything onboard and the performance not to be found ANYWHERE else in a SUV, period, I'm nit picking about the gas mileage. Love the vehicle.

Fun to drive, gobs of power, not many around, lots of creature comforts and rock solid reliability.

Better gauge faces especially the white tach. 5-speed transmission would be nice too.

I love it
By TY L.

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love it. Drives awesome, looks even better. There's not a lot of them around where i live so its awesome being next to the tuner guys and give em hell. The ride is very smooth. Everything is straight forward. Fuel economy is something everyone seems to have an CON for but what do you expect out of an SUV with a corvette engine in it. Id recommend anyone that needs the room of the SUV but the fun of a sports car to buy it and never look back.

Well duh, the corvette engine. the interior room. rear air ride.

None

TrailBlazer SS
By Darkhell

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The hands down best SUV I have ever driven. I have never been a fan of buying new cars until the day I drove to the dealership to test drive something fast just for the fun of it. Months went by and I couldn't get that car out of my head. Its the comfort of one of a luxury SUV, hands down best looking SUV on the market and is powered by the 400hp ls2 corvette motor. Not sure if you want one? No harm in just test driving one.

Putting the pedal to the floor has never been so rewarding in a SUV. Being able beat a Mustang in a race, and still have enough space to put anything you want, and even tow a trailer of you need.

Remote start, shocks for the hood, light under the hood and light in the glove box.