2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Enjoy every moment of the drive!
By thesubwaypushe on 04/13/13 20:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It took me about two seconds into the test drive to turn to my friend in the back seat and yell, "This is my truck!" And I didn't care that the salesperson heard me. That's how excited I was as I settled into the bolstered leather seats and hit the accelerator. Then after a mile or so, I realized this was a very special truck. It drives like a sports car and truly tugs at your soul when it hits you with that attractive engine note. Going out to the winding curves of Long Island or the hilly moutains in the country is such a treat. It feels like a true muscle CAR of yesteryear, is extremely comfortable, and looks great as well. Vroooooom!!! Chris Thomasel

I Dig It
By Dave on 01/29/10 17:31 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I get a little over 16 mpg average with fairly aggressive driving. I can't complain for what I get. Suspension was too stiff so I softened a little. Perfect now. VERY fun to drive. Its my work truck. People always asking what the heck it is-- SS's are rare around here.

'08 Black SS
By Mike on 10/09/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I needed an AWD truck/SUV and opted for the TBSS (rebates, standard features). No regrets, drives great, enough power to scare you and pulls a 20' bassboat like it isn't even attached. No problems or issues in 20k miles. Only problem is no matter how I drive I can't get over 16mpg, 50 or 100 doesn't matter. Low 14 high 16, but with everything onboard and the performance not to be found ANYWHERE else in a SUV, period, I'm nit picking about the gas mileage. Love the vehicle.

I love it
By TY L. on 04/21/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love it. Drives awesome, looks even better. There's not a lot of them around where i live so its awesome being next to the tuner guys and give em hell. The ride is very smooth. Everything is straight forward. Fuel economy is something everyone seems to have an CON for but what do you expect out of an SUV with a corvette engine in it. Id recommend anyone that needs the room of the SUV but the fun of a sports car to buy it and never look back.

TrailBlazer SS
By Darkhell on 01/31/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The hands down best SUV I have ever driven. I have never been a fan of buying new cars until the day I drove to the dealership to test drive something fast just for the fun of it. Months went by and I couldn't get that car out of my head. Its the comfort of one of a luxury SUV, hands down best looking SUV on the market and is powered by the 400hp ls2 corvette motor. Not sure if you want one? No harm in just test driving one.

Rewarding to drive
By cristios on 01/04/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 08 TrailBlazer SS is a truly enjoyable ride. Porsche people will hate this but the car this reminds me most of is the 97 911C2S I drove for a while. Looking over the stubby hood and praying that there is enough traction to make it around the corner makes for fun- if not especially confidence inspiring- driving. There is however a lot of traction and brakes to go with the power of the LS2.

SS TB Rocks!
By DCC on 09/05/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 2 Corvettes but needing a truck, this is a great way to go. Gas mileage could be much better if Chevy junked the 4-speed transmission for a five or 6-speed. Other than that, it's a blast to drive. This truck gets a lot of looks and is nicer looking (inside and out) than the SRT Jeep I was looking at.

Big Fun With a Price
By drwooly on 07/01/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Now, on 07-01-08, kind of an update, because I've always felt like initial purchase is like lust, but keeping for a while is long-term love. MPG has leveled at 15 town/road, and drops to 11 if towing.Where's the six-speed A/T? Ride has degraded some because of low- profile tires, but still fun. Obviously, GM engineers don't expect anyone w/ this vehicle to tow anything because of the brain-dead design for electrical connections is impossible to use w/o altering /cutting some plastic. Just for fun, entered a car show we were playing music for, and walked away with a Top 25 medal for newer models. Didn't expect that! Still fun, still drinks gas like Foster Brooks, very nice!

High-Tech ... But Still Some 'Retro'!
By tknrg on 05/19/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The "TBSS Experience" is as close as you're going to come today to getting a true sense of the good old glory days of the historic "Chevy SS" muscle cars of the '60s and early '70s! This vehicle not only recreates the feeling of the "SS power cruisers" of the past - - but it has handling, ride, comfort, and convenience features that go well beyond most vehicles (car, SUV, or truck) on the road today, especially in its price-range. This is an all- around, truly fine, American-made, limited production vehicle! Pretty spectacular all-around!

A Wonderful Blend
By tjl on 04/30/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD is the first performance truck I have owned. In the past I have had BMWs. Z Cars, etc. as my performance rides and a Blazer as my truck. I read a lot of reviews and on-line postings about the TB SS. I took one for an extended test drive and I was hooked. No car I have ever seen does everything well. The truly great cars are a balance of features and the Trailblazer SS is a great ride. Chevy has not just jammed a Corvette engine in a SUV. They have paid attention to all the details such as handling, comfort, looks, build quality, and did I say performance? They have tweaked everything. You will forget that you are in an SUV. The SS is a true joy to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.