Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
Trailblazer Blazes
By Jenny

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our TB as a demo w/ 500 miles, great deal, great car! Drives and handles very well, much better than the Fords my family has owned. Has great space for our two carseats in the backseat and a smaller or thinner person in the middle when necessary. Cargo space is perfect, can fit strollers & groceries with room to spare. Easy to find and operate controls, love the electric seat adj as husband & I are 1 ft diff in height, can easily adj to our needs. Have had no problems whatsoever with routine maintenance. Gas mileage is as expected for an SUV. OnStar is a major bonus, especially when you have kids. Travels well for short & long distances - would definitely purchase again!

Favorite Features

OnStar, electric adjustable seat, cargo space, backseat space, easy to operate & find controls

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage for the future, redesign exterior to compare to the sleek other brands

Great Vehicle
By kimba727

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 1Lt w/4x4-- 1 yr into owning the vehicle moved cross country--happy with performance and ride. It was a comfortable vehicle and has great turning radius for getting in and out of parking spaces. Even my hubby liked the turning and handling. I was involved in a 3 car crash-rear ended by a earlier model TB and had minimal damage-new rear bumper and lift gate. This vehicle held up. My lease is up and cant buy it--so will turn it in- It will be missed and down the road I will keep checking to see if I cant pickup the same model. It was great in the snow or any elements. Always felt safe and comfortable.

Favorite Features

style, reliability, turning radius

Good Truck
By fratblazer08

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Favorite Features

Ride quality, power, fuel economy, exterior design

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, wouldn't have bought it if I felt like there was something wrong with it.

Happy so far...
By Derek

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We recently purchased a 2008 Chevy TrailBlazer 1LT... our first American built car after a trio of Nissans.We are very happy with our purchase so far. Excellent ride,expected fuel mileage 15city/21hwy,excellent space for each passenger,a real surprise. We were not set on a TrailBlazer but after our purchase we would not hesitate to purchase a newer more updated version if it was produced.

Favorite Features

On-Star-a much over looked under marketed product which we are very happy to have. Take off speed. Size of vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Update the interior to complete with Ford products,6 speed trans

Worse car I could have purchased
By Gentletouch

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my TB new with 21 miles on it. Two months later my computers went out. I blew the horn and the car died. Took a week for the dealership to figure what was actually wrong with the truck, and took another week and a half to fix it. I have a funny noisy from the wheels now when I back up. Dealer said it was rocks and it would go away, but it didn’t. The stabilitrack light comes on all the time for no reason. When I went to trade the TB in the value on it is next to nothing. I wouldn’t recommend this care to anybody.

Favorite Features

XM radio, And heater