Used 2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

2008 Trailblazer
By Lynn Douglas

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/3LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought it new, I now have 160,000 miles on it and are heading for Arizona tomorrow. No problems whatsoever. New bat., new tires, new alt., that's it. I have a 18' camper and traveled around the USA. handled great, could use a little more power, but did nicely in the mountains. I have a 4500 lb. boat and we go to Lake Superior, approximately 350 miles, and it handled the job nicely.

Enjoy every moment of the drive!
By thesubwaypushe

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It took me about two seconds into the test drive to turn to my friend in the back seat and yell, "This is my truck!" And I didn't care that the salesperson heard me. That's how excited I was as I settled into the bolstered leather seats and hit the accelerator. Then after a mile or so, I realized this was a very special truck. It drives like a sports car and truly tugs at your soul when it hits you with that attractive engine note. Going out to the winding curves of Long Island or the hilly moutains in the country is such a treat. It feels like a true muscle CAR of yesteryear, is extremely comfortable, and looks great as well.
Vroooooom!!!
Chris Thomasel

Power Comfort Handling Steering Suspension Payload area Looks

Could use a differently designed Navigation screen, this Bose, although an excellent performer, is kind of bland.

Great Vehicle
By kimba727

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Leased 1Lt w/4x4-- 1 yr into owning the vehicle moved cross country--happy with performance and ride. It was a comfortable vehicle and has great turning radius for getting in and out of parking spaces. Even my hubby liked the turning and handling.
I was involved in a 3 car crash-rear ended by a earlier model TB and had minimal damage-new rear bumper and lift gate. This vehicle held up.
My lease is up and cant buy it--so will turn it in- It will be missed and down the road I will keep
checking to see if I cant pickup the same model. It was great in the snow or any elements. Always felt safe and comfortable.

style, reliability, turning radius

Good Truck
By fratblazer08

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 08 Trailblazer used and I've been loving it ever since. Has a plenty of power for a pretty large SUV, yet also gets around 19mpg if driven for optimal fuel economy. Drives perfectly smooth and handles really well for an SUV, the only thing is that the sway bars are VERY stiff, so going over a speed bump at an angle is going to shake you pretty bad. Handles well off road, can hold its own just fine even with 2wd. I preferred almost everything about the Trailblazer when I compared to all the other SUVs of its caliber on the market.

Ride quality, power, fuel economy, exterior design

Nothing, wouldn't have bought it if I felt like there was something wrong with it.

Great Truck
By one great truck

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD w/2LT (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It has been a very reliable and powerful vehicle. It still turns more heads than a crossover. It is comfortable on long trips and has the power of a V8. The dashboard and radio could use a little updating.

Inline six engine with 285 horsepower. Comfortable seats and ride.

Update the dashboard.