2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: New SS

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

New SS
By nealn on

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I think that the SS is a good value for the money. I went from an '04 VW Touareg with almost every option stickering at $52 to the TB SS that stickered for $42 and after rebates and supplier discount picked the truck up for $30K. A lot quicker, believe it or not, better gas mileage and don't have the typical "VW Annoyances" like electrical problems and poor craftsmanship that they charge top dollar for and look at you funny when you complain about it. Seats are fairly comfortable on long trips, maybe adjustable headrests for us taller folk. Fuel economy isnt the greatest, but what "sports car" is? Overall its a tight feeling and riding vehicle, would recommend for an "everyday" car.

I meet with a lot of clients around town, love the NAV, but could use some more UMPH. Quick, tight steering, fast and overall I feel safe in it, like I am in control of the vehicle at all times unlike a lot of other SUVs.

I would definitely throw in a couple more interior refinements. The trim cover on the dash and doors can be traded out aftermarket for under $300, not a big deal. Would like dual exhaust and maybe crank up the factory nav sound. Doesn't compare to the Bose in my Z71.