Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
My 2nd Trailblazer
By FSAguru

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second TrailBlazer. The first one I had was a 2004 and I loved it, absolutely no trouble out of it. Upgraded to a few more features. The car looks great and drives great

Favorite Features

Sunroof, keyless entry, OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the back seat fold flat

Good truck but lacks details
By northern horizons

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new in the fall of 07 as a left over. I put about 40K miles on a truck per year. I have been impressed with the power and fuel economy of the inline 6. I have had less than stellar reviews for the fit and finish and the vehicle locks. The interior console is poorly designed. I hate the OnStar big brother thing and the original tires. I now have a passenger side window track that is broke and I'm out of warranty in 13 mos. I'll probably keep this car for a long time but I get the feeling that its going to be expensive. If the American auto manufacturers are going to make it they are going to have to pay attention to details & stop worrying about gimmicks

Favorite Features

Style, ride and economy of this size SUV

Suggested Improvements

Dump OnStar, have customers design the consoles and cup holders, standardize all your tire sizes

Saved My Life!
By Satisfied

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had this SUV for two and a half years, I never really had any problems with it. It was recently totaled when I was T-Boned at 50 mph, I know that this car saved my life and if I had been driving a smaller car I would not have survived. Though I normally buy new cars every three or four years, I intend to go out and purchase another Trailblazer (used as it is out of production now) and drive it in to the ground. I wish GM still made these.

Favorite Features

Bose Audio System, Sunroof, ease of driving in the winter, Side airbags

Suggested Improvements

Well its discontinued now but I felt that the base model should have an info center for monitoring things like fuel economy, oil life , distance to empty, etc. Maybe fuel economy could be a little better but it is a rather large SUV so I really can't complain

Great Vehicle, Love it!
By worf1

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in December last year with 160k kms. Its condition does not reflect that many kilometers at all, any one who gets in the passenger seat asks me if this is a brand new vehicle; the black leather interior looks amazing and the level of comfort is outstanding especially in the 2 front powered seats. The I6 4.2 provides more than adequate power, I haven't had the chance to test it pulling anything yet, I will eventually to the country where I will find out its towing and off road capabilities. This one was born in the US in 2007 and imported into Canada a while later. I am very pleased with my purchase and I think I will keep it for very long.

Favorite Features

I love the front power seats, and the fact that they have the memory option is great for when I feel like taking a nap or relaxing reclining it all the way. The turning radius is another great feature, I can parallel park in the city easier than many other mid size or even compact cars. Even though the safety ratings are not the best ones for this type of vehicle I feel very safe and comfortable. I usually take the longest route to commute so I can enjoy the most of it every single day. Sitting in traffic becomes a pleasure in my TB.

Suggested Improvements

I think the space in the cabin can use more storage compartments. A place to store the sunglasses, coins, etc. The front cup holders are a bit awkward; it is a bit difficult to put in or take off a regular cup out of the front cup holders when the shifter is in park.

Chevy beats Hondas Reliability
By balbool69

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second trailblazer.. had an 04.. loved it but didn't have 4x4.. with Michigan weather 6x6 isn't enough.. I went ahead sold it and got me my beloved 07 trailblazer 4x4.. snow never became an issue anymore.. you wont feel a thing when you turn the 4x4 on.. its like your driving on dry pavement... With a new job my driving became more and I needed an suv with better gas mileage.. so I bought a Honda crv.. worst car of my life .. yes its very good on gas but whats the point when I spent 1200 mechanically issues.. with the trailblazer.. never had a problem with it other then the headlight bulb keep blowing.. even with hid kit .. best car ever for an every day commute!!!