Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Better Than What The Reviewers Say
By JCP

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In Sept. 2007, I traded in a Ford Taurus SES for a 3LT Trailblazer with the 5.3L V8. I drove the SS, and even though the acceleration and handling were impressive, the fuel consumption made me rethink. I then drove a 4.2L I6, but just after driving the SS, it seemed lacking. As the 5.3L gets the same mileage as the 4.2, I went on the look for one. Not a lot more power than the 4.2, but a lot more torque makes for effortless acceleration and quiet cruising. A highway trip today yielded 24.6 mpg with the cruise control set 4 mph over the limit. rides smooth, seats are comfy, and you can beat Lexus LX 470's and GX 470's all day long, as there are no external V8 identification badges.

Favorite Features

5.3L V8, memory heated seats, tight turning radius, Bose stereo, smooth ride, quiet interior, solid construction, mechanical reliability, interior space, excellent brakes, quick acceleration with Active Fuel Management to save fuel.

Suggested Improvements

As it has been discontinued, any suggested improvements is moot.

Favorite ride
By Chris

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I think Chevy should have kept this truck in production. The Atlas 4.2 inline six has lots of power 291 HP.It pulls our 24' travel trailer with ease. It is so smooth running the factory set up the ignition so that you can not engage the starter while the engine is running.Not that you would want to! The leather 8 way PWR heated seats are great.As is the rest of the toys this truck has.I think the average fuel consumption at 9.0L/100km is good. Best I have got was 8.2L/100km.I had a 1996 GMC SLT AWD Jimmy that had a 4.3 V6 and 190 HP.This is by far a better truck in all areas. I would buy another Trailblazer LT but maybe if fuel cost was not a concern I,d jump at the SS Trailblazer.

Favorite Features

Driver and Pass,Auto climate control rear seat climate control.XM radio rear seat pass,radio controls, heated leather seats and mirrors, traction control,Auto dimming rear view mirror with compass.Trip computer and steering wheel controls.Fog lights turn signal lights mounted in mirrors. 17" rims

Suggested Improvements

If you find the dash trim bland, the aftermarket has many dash kits for this truck.GM should use this engine as there base engine in the pick up truck line.

Perfect for the price
By demonspeed

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My fiance and I purchased our TrailBlazer as a third vehicle for road trips to visit family in the north east. Gas mileage isn't stellar, but for the type of vehicle it is, I think it's fine. Interior is basic, but that's exactly what we wanted - and it fits the price. The exterior is very Chevrolet and brawny. The tight turning radius is extremely welcomed in the congested traffic we have in DC. The ride is great for a BOF SUV and it feels nimble and brakes adequately for it's size. Acceleration is fine, but at times it feels as though it could use some more power. I guess I'm spoiled as my daily driver is a 2005 GTO. Overall, the vehicle is perfect for our needs.

Favorite Features

The turning radius is EXCELLENT for the size. The styling is great and it's very confident in snow and ice, even when left in 2wd.

Suggested Improvements

As the TrailBlazer is discontinued in favor of "softer" crossovers, there is not much that could be done. I will always recommend more power. I also wish it sat a bit more level as there is a bit of a rake. This doesn't seem to affect performance, but it looks awkward on such a large vehicle.

Tons of fun!
By Mike S

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, go out there and try to find something like this for the money, good luck! This is a very fast truck, accelerates, sounds, handles and drives like a sports car. I bought it used, 13k miles, one owner, fully loaded, paid 24k, could not be happier. Drive as a company car, need all the room to put all my stuff, puts a big smile in my face every time I press the gas pedal. OK gas mileage stinks, what can you expect? 6.0 liters, 395HP/405Lb torque (you will feel them) you need a lot of gas to put out those numbers, I get 13MPG average, which is comparable to a lot of V8 trucks out there. If it snows where you are get AWD and get grippier tires than the OEM Goodyears

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound, handling, overall performance, Bose is good, thought it would be better though, heated seats, navigation, roomy trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Nav should be updated to GPS based, more powerful stereo would be ok, interior is mediocre and full of plastics, but this is a Chevy not a Benz, besides, performance makes up for all of that and more.

Very economical
By Sas

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the vehicle and it's very comfortable. When my spouse and daughter get into the car they love to fall asleep because the leather seating is so comfortable. My coworkers do the same thing. I do not like that the battery drains quickly when I leave the vehicle sitting in the parking lot over 3 days.

Favorite Features

I love the dual climate control, and rear for rear seat passengers. The seat warmers are awesome in cold weather.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat foldback for rear passengers. Also, the battery drains too quickly because of the vast number of eleectronics in the vehicle.