Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Most Helpful|
Tons of fun!
By Mike S

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, go out there and try to find something like this for the money, good luck! This is a very fast truck, accelerates, sounds, handles and drives like a sports car. I bought it used, 13k miles, one owner, fully loaded, paid 24k, could not be happier. Drive as a company car, need all the room to put all my stuff, puts a big smile in my face every time I press the gas pedal. OK gas mileage stinks, what can you expect? 6.0 liters, 395HP/405Lb torque (you will feel them) you need a lot of gas to put out those numbers, I get 13MPG average, which is comparable to a lot of V8 trucks out there. If it snows where you are get AWD and get grippier tires than the OEM Goodyears

Favorite Features

Power, engine sound, handling, overall performance, Bose is good, thought it would be better though, heated seats, navigation, roomy trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Nav should be updated to GPS based, more powerful stereo would be ok, interior is mediocre and full of plastics, but this is a Chevy not a Benz, besides, performance makes up for all of that and more.

A+ engine in a base model not good
By tbssdarkwing

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had the rear compressor replaced, rear air ride adjusted, a bunch of trim pieces replaced, radio, driver side speakers, shifter was loose, power steering pump replaced, oil pan gasket replaced, rear differential is grinding, alternator replaced, all weather stripping replaced, steering sensor replaced, and rear bow tie fell off lol come on GM!! what is going on? I love Chevy, but the SS should of had their own parts and much more top of the line not "LS" or "LT" versions. Either you have an SS or ya don't.

Favorite Features

Engine and Wheels lol

Suggested Improvements

Don't use the "LS or "LT" models. SS should have their own status. * Trans upgrade * Interior improvements to look like the GTO interior more sporty * Dual exhaust on all models * Self adjustable rear air ride not auto. * Hood scoop on SS models only.

Worst Car I Ever Had!!
By browndawg

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks great and is fun to drive but don't let that fool you. This car has been nothing but trouble since day one. The engine started to idle rough. The dealer told me "that is what a performance vehicle feels like". Sorry to say ...I don't think so! Would you be happy with a corvette idling rough? Well this is the same engine!! Then it started to fall apart. Door trims, molding, undercarriage rust (never seen snow, I live in L.A.) Then the transmission went immediately followed by the ignition switch and now again the transmission less than 3 weeks later. GM/Chevy has not been stand up either. I am GM family! Not willing to help or offer to buy back. Don't buy this or any Chevrolet!

Favorite Features

The 6.0 engine is awesome and the car is very stylish. But the rest leaves a bad taste in mouth.

Suggested Improvements

The entire vehicle breaks down frequently and things are always coming off or loose like the moldings and other little parts. Warranty should cover the entire car! Put a transmission in the car that works! Treat you customers w/ Respect and care as they buying your product.

IT POPS WHEELIES!
By SS MAN

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Look the tranny went out but was fixed without a prob. I've had it for over 2 yrs. Love it! Fast solid, makes u feel safer in traffic knowing u can move when u need I get 16.6 mpg highway after tornado install. Awesome truck, u just need the stereo and tv upgrades. Go buy it u will not b disapointed after stepping on the gas! My wife was a little worried @ first but after she had to drive through the mtns. With my baby boy she quit driving her Lexus ls 400. I think that says something. Anyhoo bad mamajama, love it buy it.

Favorite Features

being able to beat damn near every car on road. feeling safe. customer service from my dealership.

Suggested Improvements

automatic pasngr. seat rear air auto. auto open close rear hatch.

Awesome SUV
By Bammer

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for over a year now and it is still a great ride! The power, styling and ride comfort is excellent. Only had the passenger window track go out (under warranty) but all else has been great. Love this vehicle! I too like the cloth seats even though I originally thought leather was the only way to go.

Favorite Features

The engine and suspension - handles great as long as you remember it is an SUV. 20 inch rims look great also.

Suggested Improvements

Dual Exhaust! Would have liked navigation on the base SS also.