2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
A+ engine in a base model not good
By tbssdarkwing on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had the rear compressor replaced, rear air ride adjusted, a bunch of trim pieces replaced, radio, driver side speakers, shifter was loose, power steering pump replaced, oil pan gasket replaced, rear differential is grinding, alternator replaced, all weather stripping replaced, steering sensor replaced, and rear bow tie fell off lol come on GM!! what is going on? I love Chevy, but the SS should of had their own parts and much more top of the line not "LS" or "LT" versions. Either you have an SS or ya don't.

Worst Car I Ever Had!!
By browndawg on 03/12/10 12:40 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car looks great and is fun to drive but don't let that fool you. This car has been nothing but trouble since day one. The engine started to idle rough. The dealer told me "that is what a performance vehicle feels like". Sorry to say ...I don't think so! Would you be happy with a corvette idling rough? Well this is the same engine!! Then it started to fall apart. Door trims, molding, undercarriage rust (never seen snow, I live in L.A.) Then the transmission went immediately followed by the ignition switch and now again the transmission less than 3 weeks later. GM/Chevy has not been stand up either. I am GM family! Not willing to help or offer to buy back. Don't buy this or any Chevrolet!

IT POPS WHEELIES!
By SS MAN on 01/12/10 02:09 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Look the tranny went out but was fixed without a prob. I've had it for over 2 yrs. Love it! Fast solid, makes u feel safer in traffic knowing u can move when u need I get 16.6 mpg highway after tornado install. Awesome truck, u just need the stereo and tv upgrades. Go buy it u will not b disapointed after stepping on the gas! My wife was a little worried @ first but after she had to drive through the mtns. With my baby boy she quit driving her Lexus ls 400. I think that says something. Anyhoo bad mamajama, love it buy it.

Awesome SUV
By Bammer on 01/04/10 11:18 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Had it for over a year now and it is still a great ride! The power, styling and ride comfort is excellent. Only had the passenger window track go out (under warranty) but all else has been great. Love this vehicle! I too like the cloth seats even though I originally thought leather was the only way to go.

tires & brakes at 24K
By ?????? on 09/29/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my ss.. It reminds me when I was 16 drivin my '56 belair. Just a bit faster & a lot more comfort, easier to steer and obviously more features. At 24k I had to replace the front brakes $450 wow! That was for brakes & turning rotors. It also needs 4 new tires $600+. At 54 years old, I can say I have always driven a Chevy. Even though I love this ss, I'm getting rid of it. It's time 4 a change. I don't mind the 9 mpg around town on 93 octane ($2.85 gal. Now) but the upkeep is too expensive and I'm used to replacing brakes & tires at 50k or 60k, not 24k. I hate 2 say it, but I'm buying a Toyota. Better quailty, better engineering. Sorry gm, you can't make they quality anymore.

Family Sports Car!!!!
By Black Tie on 08/20/09 23:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this SUV! It is the first 4door car I have ever owned. More powerful than my 70's Vette and 98 Trans Am, handles almost as well. And it can haul my family of five comfortably.

Tons of fun!
By Mike S on 02/08/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, go out there and try to find something like this for the money, good luck! This is a very fast truck, accelerates, sounds, handles and drives like a sports car. I bought it used, 13k miles, one owner, fully loaded, paid 24k, could not be happier. Drive as a company car, need all the room to put all my stuff, puts a big smile in my face every time I press the gas pedal. OK gas mileage stinks, what can you expect? 6.0 liters, 395HP/405Lb torque (you will feel them) you need a lot of gas to put out those numbers, I get 13MPG average, which is comparable to a lot of V8 trucks out there. If it snows where you are get AWD and get grippier tires than the OEM Goodyears

Fun!
By Golf26guy on 05/19/08 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was going to buy a Corvette, and have a second vehicle for a daily driver. That was all until I drove my 3/SS TrailBlazer. I have driven many rental car regular TrailBlazers, and the difference is amazing. You wouldn't think you're in the same manufacturer's vehicle. Word of advice, if you buy one, do not put a straight pipe on it, way way too loud. Gas mileage stinks, but its a 6.0 V8. It's very fun to drive on the twisties, but not as fast as I initially thought. Can't beat a Mustang GT, or a Z28, however it does accelerate hard, and shifts very hard - I really like that part. Beat a 350Z, and any other SUV with the exception of the Jeep Grand Chrokee SRT8, and Cayenne Turbo. Overall, I absolutely LOVE it! Can't complain.

My Wifes SS
By Dj on 02/15/08 14:52 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Trailblazer SS is an excellent all around performer. My wife loves it, and im pretty partial to it my self. Again its a great truck. Just dont hit a patch of ice (in southern Texas) at 30 mph it will send you through a fence and in to a field.

Love my SS
By Shep on 01/29/08 00:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for something practical, then I test drove the TrailBlazer SS. I forgot all about gas mileage when I put my foot on the gas, come 395 hp in a SUV, Corvette base block engine, Chevy you went to far. The interior a little sporty for a 51 year old, I think not. This vehicle still turns head a 21/2 years old. The Bose sound system is awesome, it handles like a sports car, but with enough comfort to make a trip through the mountains fun. Who knew radio (XM) could sound so good, I just purchased 3 years so I would always have it. Overall my TrailBlazer SS is a bunch of fun, although an ave. of 13 mpg in the city is tough.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.