Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

like a favorite pair of jeans........
By Erica Dennis

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable, comfortable, roomy enough for sports gear and vacation gear. Not as bad as some SUVs on gas mileage but I do love my 4x4 and NEED my 4x4. The "auto" 4x4 mode is good for slushy city streets, I like to push the button and know I am securely in 4 wheel drive. I don't mess with the "auto" mode out on snow covered country roads. Too bad they did away with this model. I am discouraged by the lack of true 4x4 SUV's on the market today. May have to switch to Toyota 4 Runner or a Nissan for my next vehicle.

Big Mistake
By bill

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for something smaller, by smaller, I mean smaller than my F-250 Super Cab, I needed to pull my boat and a small trailer. I saw the Trailblazer on line and thinking the price was to good to be true, I soon found out it had big problems. First I took it to my local mechanic, told him to go over it top to bottom and fix anything he saw wrong. He told me the front differential had no oil in it, they replace the belts, hoses and looked over the brakes and changes the oil. I had a new windshield installed, then I noticed oil on my driveway, the diff was leaking badly, I had to wait 2 weeks for parts. The instrument cluster was a mess, the tachometer did not work and the oil pressure gauge was pegged out, $230 to repair. I got lucky on the diff it was a seal but getting parts took 2 weeks and cost me $248 to fix.
I have a Honda Pilot and my insurance was costing me $66 a month, when I got the bill for my Trailblazer it was $124 a month, WHY? I ask. The underwriter said it cost a lot more for parts and that GM parts were much larger, Honda uses small panels than GM. Another thing I noticed was that the engine seemed very nosy, I check the water pump and all the bearing, but the all seemed good, I am a little worried about the inline 6 noise, but so far the car seems to be running good. The sunroof did not work, I decided I never use it anyway why spend the $$'s on repairing it.
I am very picky about my cars, I grew up in a family of mechanics, and I can repair most minor issue, but in the long run I wish I had never taken the bait on this car, as my old Daddy used to say; "if it to good to be true it probably is." What seem strange was it was a low mileage SUV. My F-250 has over 209,000 mile runs like a charm and everything works, the problem was it is hard on gas with that huge V-10 Ford block and hard to park. Live and learn.

So glad to be back in a Trailblazer!!
By kayakcrazy

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

First - my husband and I own a small used car lot.
I've driven LOTS of cars/trucks, but can honestly say that the Trailblazer is my perfect vehicle.
It can tow a HUGE load, handles any conditions (snow/mud, etc); gives a great view of the road; and there's a TON of cargo space.
Yet it has a nice tight turning radius (easy to park) and plenty of horsepower (can pull Hubby's race truck on the car hauler trailer if need be).

Mine has 120,000 miles on it and still runs and handles great!

I love the rear seats that fold flat (so do my dogs!) and I like being able to *select* which drive version I'm using (2WD, 4WD, AWD). I appreciate the fact that Chevy understood this was a "workhorse" and put a good hitch and tow package on it.

Improvements?? Chevy needs to bring back this model. Judging by how many I see in our area - it's a VERY popular SUV out in the boondocks.

Saved My Life!
By Satisfied

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had this SUV for two and a half years, I never really had any problems with it. It was recently totaled when I was T-Boned at 50 mph, I know that this car saved my life and if I had been driving a smaller car I would not have survived. Though I normally buy new cars every three or four years, I intend to go out and purchase another Trailblazer (used as it is out of production now) and drive it in to the ground. I wish GM still made these.

Bose Audio System, Sunroof, ease of driving in the winter, Side airbags

Well its discontinued now but I felt that the base model should have an info center for monitoring things like fuel economy, oil life , distance to empty, etc. Maybe fuel economy could be a little better but it is a rather large SUV so I really can't complain

Best SUV I've ever had, by far!
By DBLAZ

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best SUV my wife and I have ever driven or ridden in. The ride is as smooth as can be, the handling is amazing, the looks are awesome, and we get 20 mpg which is great for an SUV of its size. It has lots of leg room, as well as a lot of luggage space. It gets up and goes great! The safety features are first class. We have put quite a bit of mileage on it and changing the oil is really the only maintenance it has needed. Great vehicle!

Steering, ride quality, looks, performance, push of the button lumbar support, interior looks

Can't think of anything