Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

It's an truck with a vette guts
By Drew

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

A truck with vette guts. Awesome performance you must get the awd 3ss to really see why this truck is a eye catcher!! Really wish it came with dual exhaust system and a wheel bolt pattern that you can get rims for its so hard to get a set to match up. I love this sport truck and I'm the second owner no major issues except the air suspension.To all tbss owners you may need to convert air suspension to a shock and spring deal way easier ! Vette truck ss.

By Jeffrey L wisniewski

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No Good! Material is cheap. All four inside door open/close lever covers are cheap brittle plastic and fell off or out and had to be replaced!

Big Mistake
By bill

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for something smaller, by smaller, I mean smaller than my F-250 Super Cab, I needed to pull my boat and a small trailer. I saw the Trailblazer on line and thinking the price was to good to be true, I soon found out it had big problems. First I took it to my local mechanic, told him to go over it top to bottom and fix anything he saw wrong. He told me the front differential had no oil in it, they replace the belts, hoses and looked over the brakes and changes the oil. I had a new windshield installed, then I noticed oil on my driveway, the diff was leaking badly, I had to wait 2 weeks for parts. The instrument cluster was a mess, the tachometer did not work and the oil pressure gauge was pegged out, $230 to repair. I got lucky on the diff it was a seal but getting parts took 2 weeks and cost me $248 to fix. I have a Honda Pilot and my insurance was costing me $66 a month, when I got the bill for my Trailblazer it was $124 a month, WHY? I ask. The underwriter said it cost a lot more for parts and that GM parts were much larger, Honda uses small panels than GM. Another thing I noticed was that the engine seemed very nosy, I check the water pump and all the bearing, but the all seemed good, I am a little worried about the inline 6 noise, but so far the car seems to be running good. The sunroof did not work, I decided I never use it anyway why spend the $$'s on repairing it. I am very picky about my cars, I grew up in a family of mechanics, and I can repair most minor issue, but in the long run I wish I had never taken the bait on this car, as my old Daddy used to say; "if it to good to be true it probably is." What seem strange was it was a low mileage SUV. My F-250 has over 209,000 mile runs like a charm and everything works, the problem was it is hard on gas with that huge V-10 Ford block and hard to park. Live and learn.

Chevy beats Hondas Reliability
By balbool69

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second trailblazer.. had an 04.. loved it but didn't have 4x4.. with Michigan weather 6x6 isn't enough.. I went ahead sold it and got me my beloved 07 trailblazer 4x4.. snow never became an issue anymore.. you wont feel a thing when you turn the 4x4 on.. its like your driving on dry pavement... With a new job my driving became more and I needed an suv with better gas mileage.. so I bought a Honda crv.. worst car of my life .. yes its very good on gas but whats the point when I spent 1200 mechanically issues.. with the trailblazer.. never had a problem with it other then the headlight bulb keep blowing.. even with hid kit .. best car ever for an every day commute!!!

I can't think of a worst car
By lilred2007

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new. Almost immediately had leaks from moonroof, airconditioner into the front seat, power windows didn't work. Faulty fuel sensor repair for about $800 which GM did pay 1/2 of because of a lawsuit. Ran out of gas about 5 times because of the fuel sender. Windshield wiper front and rear motors stopped working at around 55,000 miles ("so sorry, not covered by warranty.") Door closing efforts terrible. It is hard to believe GM was making this car for so long, yet fixed nothing on it over the years. Door moldings pealing, trim pieces falling off. Finally got fed up and traded it in.

I will say the ride was pretty good. And the 4x4 was great. Also, a positive is that I now have one less car company to look at whenever I buy a new car, because I'll never have to look to GM again. So it's a nice time-saver.

• SUV