Used 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

A Great Ride After 8+ Years
By Kevin Jones

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you can find one of these that has not been run to shambles, buy it. Prior to buying this truck, I had owned 6 corvettes. in fact, when I bought the Trailblazer SS, I had a 2005 Corvette in my garage. So I know from performance vehicles.
Even after buying all those Corvettes, a couple of Mustang GTs, and a Thunderbird SuperCoupe, this is the only vehicle that made me laugh out loud on the test drive. It was an SUVwith power! Lots of power!
Over the years it has given me nothing but reliable performance and a great ride. I have had a few things done to it, but most of the repairs have been done by me. I have 108,000 miles on it and it still smokes the tires on demand. I will own this truck until my dying day.

like a favorite pair of jeans........
By Erica Dennis

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Reliable, comfortable, roomy enough for sports gear and vacation gear. Not as bad as some SUVs on gas mileage but I do love my 4x4 and NEED my 4x4. The "auto" 4x4 mode is good for slushy city streets, I like to push the button and know I am securely in 4 wheel drive. I don't mess with the "auto" mode out on snow covered country roads. Too bad they did away with this model. I am discouraged by the lack of true 4x4 SUV's on the market today. May have to switch to Toyota 4 Runner or a Nissan for my next vehicle.

It's an truck with a vette guts
By Drew

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4dr SUV AWD w/3SS (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

A truck with vette guts. Awesome performance you must get the awd 3ss to really see why this truck is a eye catcher!! Really wish it came with dual exhaust system and a wheel bolt pattern that you can get rims for its so hard to get a set to match up.
I love this sport truck and I'm the second owner no major issues except the air suspension.To all tbss owners you may need to convert air suspension to a shock and spring deal way easier ! Vette truck ss.

By Jeffrey L wisniewski

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

No Good! Material is cheap. All four inside door open/close lever covers are cheap brittle plastic and fell off or out and had to be replaced!

Big Mistake
By bill

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for something smaller, by smaller, I mean smaller than my F-250 Super Cab, I needed to pull my boat and a small trailer. I saw the Trailblazer on line and thinking the price was to good to be true, I soon found out it had big problems. First I took it to my local mechanic, told him to go over it top to bottom and fix anything he saw wrong. He told me the front differential had no oil in it, they replace the belts, hoses and looked over the brakes and changes the oil. I had a new windshield installed, then I noticed oil on my driveway, the diff was leaking badly, I had to wait 2 weeks for parts. The instrument cluster was a mess, the tachometer did not work and the oil pressure gauge was pegged out, $230 to repair. I got lucky on the diff it was a seal but getting parts took 2 weeks and cost me $248 to fix.
I have a Honda Pilot and my insurance was costing me $66 a month, when I got the bill for my Trailblazer it was $124 a month, WHY? I ask. The underwriter said it cost a lot more for parts and that GM parts were much larger, Honda uses small panels than GM. Another thing I noticed was that the engine seemed very nosy, I check the water pump and all the bearing, but the all seemed good, I am a little worried about the inline 6 noise, but so far the car seems to be running good. The sunroof did not work, I decided I never use it anyway why spend the $$'s on repairing it.
I am very picky about my cars, I grew up in a family of mechanics, and I can repair most minor issue, but in the long run I wish I had never taken the bait on this car, as my old Daddy used to say; "if it to good to be true it probably is." What seem strange was it was a low mileage SUV. My F-250 has over 209,000 mile runs like a charm and everything works, the problem was it is hard on gas with that huge V-10 Ford block and hard to park. Live and learn.