You really need to drive one of these!
By Brian on
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I have owned every kind of vehicle from a Hyundai Excel to a Ford F150 and everything in between. Aside from my Honda Accord, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Smooth. Pretty quiet, but the mirrors do make some noise. I like the way the controls are set up other than the wiper control and cruise control stalk. Why does GM insist on the same control stalk I had on my 1984 Fiero? On a $30k+ truck? Fuel mileage quite good considering this truck weighs more than my F150 ext. cab 4x4 (!!). It's sharp, relatively refined and very comfortable. I would buy another one without question, and would recommend anyone shopping SUVs gives this truck legitmate consideration.
Favorite Features
Seats are comfortable. Love the sunroof (express open feature is great), steering wheel and shifter feel. Driveline is first rate. Rear climate control works well for second row passengers. OnStar gives a secure feeling and we love the built in phone. Integral seatbelts on front seats are comfy
Suggested Improvements
Why no vehicle data system standard? Needs better sunvisors with covers on the vanity mirrors. XM radio is overrated--I prefer my MP3 player and a plain old radio. I would prefer a darker gray interior fabric option.