06 Trailblazer
By scribe77 on
2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
This is my second Trailblazer. First one was 2003. Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles. I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it. It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance. Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway. Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00). I have replaced the brakes twice. Tires replaced once. Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while. It did it, but it wasn't happy. With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg. When this one wears out I will look for another one.
Favorite Features
Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.