2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Impressive power, LT AWD V8

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Impressive power, LT AWD V8 6.0L (SS)
By Marques on

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2002 Z28 Camaro & the Trailblazer SS comes very close to feeling like a muscle car wrapped in an SUV. I bought the SS because I wanted something that was fast but could handle in the snow & was more of a day to day vehicle (shopping etc.), this SUV fits the bill. It handles like a sports sedan and sticks to curves like glue, not at all what I expected for a truck after driving a Camaro. The suspension is firm but not stiff & the ride is smooth. Acceleration is top notch for something weighing 6,000lbs. I clocked 0-60 at 5.9 secs. The LS2 at 395HP/400LB is a great match. It also brakes very well. The interior is nice with leather & the driver info center is helpful. Great job Chevy.

Favorite Features

The heated seats & the V8 6.0L power. The added options are a good addition if you want them you can mix & match a lot. The overall stability of the vehicle & response of the steering also is one of my favorites. In just about every catagory it has just enough or more to offer. Oh & the 20" rims.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust. Gas, but what can you expect from a 6.0L. Coin holder would be nice.