Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

A Solid Performer
By richgimmel

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I kept this car for three years and put 70k miles on it. Never had a single problem with anything on it. This is a very well-built vehicle. So much so, that my replacement for it was another TrailBlazer, a new '08 that GM had heavily discounted.

The straight-six is bulletproof. Gas mileage 21 on highway, 16 city.

The stock stereo was weak. I replaced it. My new TrailBlazer has the factory-option Bose system which is a big improvement.

If only it got better mileage
By True Blue

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing I can say against the TrailBlazer is that the gas mileaage averages around 15-16 mpg. I like my TrailBlazer better than any other vehicle I have owned, and it is perfect for driving in Wisconsin Winters. I feel it is a mucher safer vehicle for my family than any mid-size sedan or smaller SUV.

6 CD changer with Bose sound and XM radio; 4 wheel drive, ease of driving, leather heated seats, cargo compartment with privacy screen.

Just the mileage. Would prefer 27-30 mpg.

Love my Blazer
By MattK

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine for 2 years and not 1 time in the shop. Super comfortable and fast and fits 5 very comfortably. No complaints other than gas mileage which can be expected for this engine/size car. I get about 19/20 mpg in a suburban area with a decent amount of light. I would buy again!

Large seats although I am a small person. Quick acceleration. Very roomy and comfortable inside. AC is extremely cold here in Florida. Tires last a long time.

Gas mileage

Quality Remains at GM
By Jerry

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought leased this truck from my because we could not keep her Jeep Grand Cherokee out of the repair shop. We have had the Trailblazer almost three years and 30,000 miles without one issue. I have the straight six with plenty of power. Once towed a 7000lb trailer. Great in the snow, sorry to see it go off lease. I plan on leasing another GM product.

Reliability has been great.

Weather strips on lower back doors. Larger cup holders.

American made by children
By unchevy

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased "pre-owned", turns out it was a rental. had 14k on it at purchase. Just hit the 40k mark (and 3 year for it on the market) and the battery dropped dead the other morning. I have had 7 flat tires in 2 years (have not had a flat since my last Chevy back in 1998!) The fuel gauge/lever has already been replaced, noise from windows at high speeds like everyone else has said is annoying. gas mileage is OK, I don't let it go past 1/2 since it is so expensive so I am getting around 200 miles on a good week. Antenna comes loose every few months. Replaced front Goodyears with Yokahamas and they are so much better. I just don't like American cars. there was a reason I had Toyotas for years.

Interior room, V6 is smooth, height off road

Just seems like the whole vehicle was put together in a rush. The older models don't seem to have that many problems and actually hold their value a little more. I really do regret getting this as it is worth 1/8th of what I paid 2 years ago!