2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Trailblazer
By William S. Frye on 05/02/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After five days and only 250 miles of driving my 2006 Trailblazer the left rear tire blew out while driving on the Interstate at 70 MPH. I was able to safely get the vehicle onto the shoulder. When I examined the tire, I noticed the sidewall had seperated from the tire tread. I'm an automobile mechanic and have seen this type of damage many times. It is caused from driving on a flat tire. I had not idea that I had a flat tire, the ride, stability and handling of the vehicle did not give any indication of a flat. To cause the sidewall to seperate, I had probably driven several miles with the tire flat. It handled so well in this situation that I feel very safe driving it.

Wish I hadn't
By kgonz on 04/24/06 04:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have only had this car for 3 months, and I'm more than ready to get rid of it. Can't stand the hideous gas mileage I'm getting (13.5mpg). And the obnoxiously loud "ding ding ding" of the interior alert. I was told that when the "fuel low" alert turned on, it meant I had about 40 miles left. It ended up being more like 10 miles-which left me stranded on the highway in the rain! Think this is the last American car I'll buy, most definitely the last Chevy.

Excellent Vehicle
By Joe on 03/21/06 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I stopped buying Chevys a few years ago.. Decided to give them another chance. I love the TrailBlazer! A great vehicle at a great price. Can't go wrong! More comfortable and faster than my Grand Cherokee Lerado. (4.0L) The ride is near perfect, not like a Cadillac but not as stiff as a pick-up. Just right for an SUV! Now my wife wants one.. The EXT for the third row seats for the kids... I'll trade that minivan for another Trailblazer in a minute!

Great truck
By mike on 03/16/06 18:04 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I owned an 2000 S10 blazer LT before this one, what an improvement. 100 more horsepower and better mileage. Build quality is vastly improved, no rattles. Rides smoother. Better handling.

Nice Vehicle
By Ralph on 02/18/06 10:42 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Went from a 2003 Lexus RX 300 AWD to the 2006 Trailblazer. Very pleaseantly surprised. First American made vehicle in years. Nice features and ride. No problems. Very nice 6 cylinder engine. No regrets so far. The dealership was great with a no nonsense deal that no one else could match. Even my wife likes it.

Best drive of the SUV's
By Debbie on 01/31/06 14:02 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving four other vehicles, the Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT was the best drive. We test drove the following 2005 SUVs: The Montero sport - very top heavy and felt like it would tip over if turned too fast, Ford Explorer - very cheap looking in the interior and not a smooth ride, heard some rattling in the front end, Nissan Pathfinder - drove like a truck, interior seats were very cheap looking and also the access to the third row was not easy, Mercury Mountaineer - pretty nice except for the roominess inside felt very tight. The minute we drove the Trailblazer, we knew it was the one. It drives beautifully and is such a pleasure to drive!

Found my vehicle
By John on 01/27/06 21:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Traveling down the road in an all- wheel drive Honda Pilot, I was amazed at how poorly it handled in 6 inches of snow. After I got stuck on a hill, I put the Pilot in low gear, pushed a button to lock the rear differential, and again I amazed. But this time it was how easily the Pilot freed itself and was able to move down the road. Living in the mountains of Colorado, this little test proved that I needed something better than all-wheel drive. One of the things that sold me on the 2006 Chevy Trailblazer was its automatic locking rear differential.

Solid Performer
By richgimmel on 01/10/06 09:35 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded a 2005 Subaru Outback with turbocharger for my 2006 Trailblazer. Although the Chevy doesn't "scoot" like the Subaru, it has a decidedly heavier and more solid feel to it. While the Subaru had more of a "dinky" feel, the Trailblazer inspires confidence, and performs more than adequately, while still producing reasonable fuel economy. It has the room I need, with a comfortabable ride (not like a truck) which my wife loves. Leather seats are of a much more comfortable size and design than the Subaru. This is a strong, well- put-together vehicle.

Good for the price
By ricardo riostirado on 01/01/06 12:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice SUV at a competitive price that offers average commodities and comfort. But as all other SUVs it looks the same as all others and the interior is mostly plastic with very little luxury beside a little chrome around the interior. My Trailblazer is supposed to seat 7 passengers, but I wonder where they get 5 people that can actually seat comfortable in the back seat. The Vortec 4200 six-cylinder engine is surprisingly responsive and delivers enough power to pull a good size trailer and boat. The transmision shift smoothly and the Automatic Allwheel drive is a great feature.

Excellent
By Elinda Ewing on 12/24/05 09:14 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and very stable and comfortable. The power is exceptional for a 6 cyl. engine. The interior layout is great, and the options are fantastic!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.