Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Needs a recall notice
By darrell

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I've had the vehicle I have had nothing but problems. The traction control light come on all the time and the check engine light. I've had it tested for the traction control lights and they said the computer chip needed reset and they did that. However, the lights still come on all the time. Now we are experiencing a very bad miss in the engine and it won't hardly run. I will never own another Chevrolet because I've had nothing but trouble ever since I've purchased this vehicle.

Recall on the miss fire and the traction control.

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.

Don't buy one
By crackmonkeys4hire

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car is OK except that the electronics failed in less than 2 years. Good thing I bought that warranty. Now the plastic around the base of the seats have broken. Overall I'm not very impressed by Chevrolet vehicles.

OnStar and XM Radio are good.

Better quality interior. Better quality overall would be nice.

A Solid Performer
By richgimmel

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I kept this car for three years and put 70k miles on it. Never had a single problem with anything on it. This is a very well-built vehicle. So much so, that my replacement for it was another TrailBlazer, a new '08 that GM had heavily discounted.

The straight-six is bulletproof. Gas mileage 21 on highway, 16 city.

The stock stereo was weak. I replaced it. My new TrailBlazer has the factory-option Bose system which is a big improvement.

If only it got better mileage
By True Blue

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing I can say against the TrailBlazer is that the gas mileaage averages around 15-16 mpg. I like my TrailBlazer better than any other vehicle I have owned, and it is perfect for driving in Wisconsin Winters. I feel it is a mucher safer vehicle for my family than any mid-size sedan or smaller SUV.

6 CD changer with Bose sound and XM radio; 4 wheel drive, ease of driving, leather heated seats, cargo compartment with privacy screen.

Just the mileage. Would prefer 27-30 mpg.