2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Good truck
By T-Blazer owner on 09/06/06 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The TrailBlazer is a good alternative to a crew cab pickup truck. It is a solid off roader, good tow vehicle, and can be had at a good price. The locking differential is a must for any towing or off roading, as is the skidplate. The TrailBlazer doesn't drive as good as a Highlander or Pilot, but they can't tow what a TrailBlazer can. Nor can they match its truck-like capability. The roof rack is functional and sturdy, and holds my kayak and supplies (300 lbs) easily. Mileage is decent (22ish highway, 17 around town). If you worry about fuel, then buy a crossover. The tight turning circle really makes it easier to park than my Mazda 6. Bargain hard!

Good choice
By tallbored on 08/22/06 07:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have the LT 4x4 regular wheelbase with the amazing 4.2L 291hp six. This car is underated by many consumer magazines. This is still the most powerful 6 cylinder SUV you can get. V8 power, 6 cylinder fuel efficiency. I pulled a 5500 pound trailer last month about 400 miles, and the TrailBlazer took it with ease. It can also pull my two ATVs to the camp and back through moderate off road conditions with no problem, thanks to the automatic four wheel drive. After 11,000 miles, I find that my highway mileage is around 23, city mileage is as low as 17. The dashboard is intuitive, but ugly. Check the Envoy out if you worry about that kind of thing.

Old Gold
By J&D on 08/03/06 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very nice SUV to drive, very smooth, great views, turning radius is long but you can live with it. I drive 50 miles one way to work and am always very comfortable. Wish gas mileage was a little better however, but you take the good with the so-so. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a midsize SUV

You really need to drive one of these!
By Brian on 07/20/06 09:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned every kind of vehicle from a Hyundai Excel to a Ford F150 and everything in between. Aside from my Honda Accord, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Smooth. Pretty quiet, but the mirrors do make some noise. I like the way the controls are set up other than the wiper control and cruise control stalk. Why does GM insist on the same control stalk I had on my 1984 Fiero? On a $30k+ truck? Fuel mileage quite good considering this truck weighs more than my F150 ext. cab 4x4 (!!). It's sharp, relatively refined and very comfortable. I would buy another one without question, and would recommend anyone shopping SUVs gives this truck legitmate consideration.

TrailBlazer
By sarah on 07/03/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very roughly made. Ceiling around sunroof already falling in at 3k miles. Not much space in console for anything. Cup holders do not work well.

Power and style
By TBLAZE06 on 06/30/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at and shopped for several 7 passenger SUVs. I could not believe the power and the style the TrailBazer combined. I was truly surprised by the comfortable ride and the power of the 6 cyl engine.

Happy with 2nd TrailBlazer purchase
By Chris Cook on 06/21/06 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had bought a 2004 TrailBlazer LT fully loaded. After Separating from my wife I gave her back the 2004 and purchased a new 2006 LS base model. I returned to Chevy after being disappointed by Chrysler twice before. The fuel mileage is 18 mpg plus in the city. Highway mileage varies depending on your lead foot or not. I am seriously considering trading my 2006 LS TrailBlazer for a 2007 SS TrailBlazer.

Love it, hate all of the little problems
By AHall on 05/28/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the TrailBlazer new in March. We have ejoyed the extra room with our small little family. Also love the power the strait 6 gives us, but with that comes the terrible gas mileage! I have also had it back to the dealer 3 times now for adjustments to the doors because the wind noise is so bad. Tonight I got home and started to roll the power windows up and the driver side completely stopped working. Here is another trip I am going to have to take to the dealer. Other than all of the stupid little problems I am having to put up with, it is wonderful!

Bad Gas Mileage
By Lou on 05/13/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Lucky if this ride gets 13-15mpg highway! I am getting rid if it. Very uncomfortable seating when you have to travel some mileage. Seats do not adjust for comfort.

I love my truck!
By LuvMyChinaBabies on 05/06/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 and 2001 Blazer before bought the '05 Trailblazer. I am 6" tall and had a hard time in the older models because my head would be in the sunroof--pretty uncomfortable. The '05 sits up higher and the head clearance is taller so I have lots of head room. The back seats are great for the kids (2 in car seats and one not). They are not cramped. I love this truck--the interior is great. I have the dark ebony interior and it is super for families with small children- -you cannot see the stains. All in all I love it and would purchase it again in a heartbeat. I am looking forward to the next model

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.