Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

engine problems
By jcameron

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 23,000 miles on my 2006 trailblazer. My check engine light came on, and they said it was misfiring in the cylinders. They replaced one, but that didn't fix it. Gm told them to replace the whole head and gaskets. They billed gm for over $6,000 warranty work, and now the light is on again. They are saying it is a parts problem, but they have to order the same part again to put back in it..$6,000 more dollars. My warranty is up in 2 more months, and I am trading this vehicle. My cousin has one also, and has problems. The service manager told me that it was a problem with the in line 6 engine in this vehicle.

Cam Sensor out at 52,000 miles
By James

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had this car a year, it has less than 53k miles and the cam sensor malfunctioned. To replace also requires a tune up, as the failure fouled the plugs. Fix - $706. This is the reason I don't buy American made cars.

Favorite Features

Relatively smooth ride, decent gas mileage for an SUV. Lots of interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Better materials, a little pride in workmanship would sure go a long way! There's a ton of road noise which accounts for the reason you have a sensor built in to turn the radio volume up and down depending on the speed - very clever way of disguising poor workmanship.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

Favorite Features

gas is pretty good, I fill at 1/2 now due to prices, ride is or was smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Seems like ikea joined w/chevy to make this car. no wonder they stoppped production. I know I have other issues but I cannot think off the top of my head of what they are. I can't wait to have this thing paid off so I can get rid of it. I don't want to sink any more money into it.

OMG
By 123321

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

3 things simply stated that you will keep finding out. 1) accelerator sticks, car was going 73 mph by itself, 2) Transmission slips constantly, under 50k engine mind you, 3) Engine needed to be replaced within dealership warranty period. Either no one knows how to put these cars together right or there are defects bottom line.

Favorite Features

GPS system and cigarette outlets

Suggested Improvements

Better V6 engine

06 Trailblazer
By scribe77

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Trailblazer. First one was 2003. Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles. I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it. It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance. Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway. Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00). I have replaced the brakes twice. Tires replaced once. Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while. It did it, but it wasn't happy. With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg. When this one wears out I will look for another one.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.