Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Sick of my Trailblazer
By Linda

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

within days after the warranty was up, the front wheel bearings went out. the cv joint went out. the fuel gauge broke. the dash lights for the stereo/cd player temp control went out,... Not to mention the plastic parts that broke right after we bought it... lol what next? I hate the car.

the four wheel drive quick access for those unexpected icy/snowy days.

either a longer warranty plan that would be standard or built better.

Very happy with purchase
By GM Wife

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this vehicle new in 2006 and have been very happy with it. We occasionally use this vehicle to tow with, commute to work, and to take on trips. Last summer, we drove the vehicle 9 hours to Tennessee with four adults, luggage, and loaded down with a trailer and it performed beautifully. The engine is strong and the turning radius is amazingly tight. This is the easiest vehicle I have ever parked. Even though it is two wheel drive, the traction control makes it handle great in the snow. I'm going to miss it when we turn the lease back in next May.

Glossy, extra nice charcoal paint. The folding rear seats are a big plus, sunroof, class three hitch, and overall versatility. Absolute favorite- maneuverability!

The license plate surround bezel has cracked and the taillight took on water a few years back, but the dealer repaired with no issue. Drivers side rear door weatherstrips falls off. The interior is a bit "plasticy-looking", but the controls all make sense and are easy to use, so I can live with it.

Reliable SUV
By Slip42

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 trailblazer used in 2006. I have 78,000 miles on it. I have never had it in the shop for any reason. I do regular maintenance and have had no issues. This is my first Chevy SUV and I would buy another one for sure.

Comfortable, safe and reliable. I have had no issues besides the middle console breaking. This was due to wear.

I have the 4.2 V6, wish it had more power, passing and going up hills, it really shifts up and runs hard.

Going Strong
By Lancer66

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer has reached 44000 trouble free miles. The only thing I have had to do is to put rear brakes on about 3 months ago. The fronts were still good so the dealership said I could wait a while on those. Original tires are still in good shape as well. This is actually my second TB. This one was a bit fancier than the first one and has the 4x4, step bars, mud flaps, etc. I have driven this vehicle across country several times as well as towed my trailer with it. It performs well, is comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Over-all I am pleased with the performance and reliability that this truck has provided. I would buy another one but I have heard GM is phasing this model out.

I like the outer styling as well as the interior. Instrument layout, driving position and seats are great. Towing performance is also very good.. great powertrain. Reliability. Good stereo system.

Covers for the mirrors on the back of the sun visors in the LS model. I think it is ridiculous that they cheaped out on that. Outside temperature display. Better gas mileage of course.

Super Sport Heaven
By LuvmySuperSport

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just brought home my ss last week. Wow, what a truck! I am a bit of a motorhead for being a girl, but this truck is the bomb! The power, handling, suspension, ride, the list is so long. I love my super sport. Not since my 1972 chevelle have I loved to get behind the wheel and just drive. It is awe inspiring. I love the black on black and will be detailing her and enjoying every minute. Beautiful and eye catching. Thank you.

The engine,the Bose,the overall look,old school sound under the hood,tight handling rock solid feel