Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Super Sport Heaven
By LuvmySuperSport

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just brought home my ss last week. Wow, what a truck! I am a bit of a motorhead for being a girl, but this truck is the bomb! The power, handling, suspension, ride, the list is so long. I love my super sport. Not since my 1972 chevelle have I loved to get behind the wheel and just drive. It is awe inspiring. I love the black on black and will be detailing her and enjoying every minute. Beautiful and eye catching. Thank you.

Favorite Features

The engine,the Bose,the overall look,old school sound under the hood,tight handling rock solid feel

engine problems
By jcameron

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 23,000 miles on my 2006 trailblazer. My check engine light came on, and they said it was misfiring in the cylinders. They replaced one, but that didn't fix it. Gm told them to replace the whole head and gaskets. They billed gm for over $6,000 warranty work, and now the light is on again. They are saying it is a parts problem, but they have to order the same part again to put back in it..$6,000 more dollars. My warranty is up in 2 more months, and I am trading this vehicle. My cousin has one also, and has problems. The service manager told me that it was a problem with the in line 6 engine in this vehicle.

Needs a recall notice
By darrell

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I've had the vehicle I have had nothing but problems. The traction control light come on all the time and the check engine light. I've had it tested for the traction control lights and they said the computer chip needed reset and they did that. However, the lights still come on all the time. Now we are experiencing a very bad miss in the engine and it won't hardly run. I will never own another Chevrolet because I've had nothing but trouble ever since I've purchased this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Recall on the miss fire and the traction control.

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.

Don't buy one
By crackmonkeys4hire

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car is OK except that the electronics failed in less than 2 years. Good thing I bought that warranty. Now the plastic around the base of the seats have broken. Overall I'm not very impressed by Chevrolet vehicles.

Favorite Features

OnStar and XM Radio are good.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior. Better quality overall would be nice.