Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

very disapointed
By sapman33

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 14k on it. I got a great deal until I realized the problems that developed. Just like other reviewers I had problems with the gas gauge, and then the trans when out at 70k. I don't pull anything and my wife drives the car so there is no hot rodding. I'm very disappointed in this car. Of course the next year they offered 7/100k warranty. Bad model year (2006) stay away from this car.

Favorite Features

4x4, roomy, ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage of 15, your better off with a mini van

Love it, hate all of the little problems
By AHall

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the TrailBlazer new in March. We have ejoyed the extra room with our small little family. Also love the power the strait 6 gives us, but with that comes the terrible gas mileage! I have also had it back to the dealer 3 times now for adjustments to the doors because the wind noise is so bad. Tonight I got home and started to roll the power windows up and the driver side completely stopped working. Here is another trip I am going to have to take to the dealer. Other than all of the stupid little problems I am having to put up with, it is wonderful!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and wind noise are the biggest problems so far.

Bad deals
By rl

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought a Trailblazer LS from Cal Worthington and had nothing but trouble. They tried to charge her for charging a battery that was dead because there was some problem with the alarm system and she couldn't turn off the radio,etc. Then the engine blows because they said there was no oil in the engine. She had recently had an oil change which she did regularly. These vehicles should be recalled.

Suggested Improvements

These are poorly made vehicles. What happened to buying a car that would pretty much last a lifetime. Over production and not quality. MONEY for them heartache for the consumer.

Needs a recall notice
By darrell

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I've had the vehicle I have had nothing but problems. The traction control light come on all the time and the check engine light. I've had it tested for the traction control lights and they said the computer chip needed reset and they did that. However, the lights still come on all the time. Now we are experiencing a very bad miss in the engine and it won't hardly run. I will never own another Chevrolet because I've had nothing but trouble ever since I've purchased this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Recall on the miss fire and the traction control.

Last GM Ever in my life
By Baz

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was forced to purchase this vehicle due to company policy. It is the poorest built vehicle I have every bought & The transfer case failed at 60700 km. (700 km past any warranty coverage) GM laughed at me when i suggested they should fix it for free. I would recommend buying anything but a Trailblazer. At 65000 km this thing is falling apart.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Start over