Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My TB has served me well
By Lancer66

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was actually my second Trailblazer. The first one was good so I bought another one. I have driven this vehicle across country many times and in some pretty bad weather conditions. It has always performed flawlessly. I haven't experienced the issues that others have (I have read the reviews here). Mine has 56000 miles.. never had to have any warranty work done. I have replaced the rear brakes but the front ones are still okay. I put a new set of tires on it this past year. I find it comfortable to drive long distance. Fit, finish, paint, etc.. are good and vehicle still looks like new. No squeeks or rattles.. still like new.

Driving position, seats, hauling capacity, towing capacity, smooth engine. Outside appearance. Well made, beautiful paint job. Looks like new still.

Fuel economy. Better standard tires. Needs an outside temperature gauge on the LS model.

I think I got a Lemon
By maureen

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was so excited when I bought it. It was used with 9,000 miles on it. I had it for about 10 months and have had nothing but problems since. I'll make a list- line in hatch snapped $400, new battery$120, new starter$300, gas gauge broke$575, throttle body (feels like it going to stall when I stop)$175, I haven't gotten all these fixed yet due to money. This is unbelievable. I shouldn't be putting a dime in to this vehicle! I'm very disappointed and disgusted! Any recalls? there should be!

Extended warranty! Definitely there should be recalls!

Bad deals
By rl

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought a Trailblazer LS from Cal Worthington and had nothing but trouble. They tried to charge her for charging a battery that was dead because there was some problem with the alarm system and she couldn't turn off the radio,etc. Then the engine blows because they said there was no oil in the engine. She had recently had an oil change which she did regularly. These vehicles should be recalled.

These are poorly made vehicles. What happened to buying a car that would pretty much last a lifetime. Over production and not quality. MONEY for them heartache for the consumer.

Problems with my blazer
By Mary

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems with my blazer,before the warranty was up. Took it to Wilson Motors, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, It's in my front end , & when I turn corners it really makes noise's, like the front end is going to fall off, & just after my warranty was up, my heater went out , I smelled burnt wiring,so,need a new wiring harness, now when I roll my window up,power windows, the headlights flicker.I'm afraid my car will catch on fire.& had a humming noise going on, thought it was a fan , or something, took it in ,the mechanic replaced something on it, said that happens alot with these vehicles & with the wiring problems, he said that happens alot with these vehicles.

Let me see, not to many favs , after all the wrongs with it.

Better warranty, beings certain things are known to go wrong with them, Main one is the wiring problems.

Sick of my Trailblazer
By Linda

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

within days after the warranty was up, the front wheel bearings went out. the cv joint went out. the fuel gauge broke. the dash lights for the stereo/cd player temp control went out,... Not to mention the plastic parts that broke right after we bought it... lol what next? I hate the car.

the four wheel drive quick access for those unexpected icy/snowy days.

either a longer warranty plan that would be standard or built better.

• SUV