2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Adore the TrailBlazer
By aja on 02/16/07 08:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owner a SUV until 2006. I wanted more room and a comfotable drive. I purchased a 2006 Chevy TB and I love it! It is roomy, drives like a car and is great on gas. I will never convert back to a sedan and am committed to the TrailBlazer forever. Love it, Love it, Love it.

TrailBlazer Rocks!
By Jason on 01/04/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my TrialBlazer. The mean design and look is great! The ride is super and the power is wonderful.

I Love This Truck
By Marilyn on 12/29/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I had no intentions of buying one. I was going to buy a Volvo XC-90. I flew into Memphis to visit my son in college. I rented a TrailBlazer and was pleasantly surprised, and the rest is history

Great!
By oso216 on 12/03/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I need more room for my family and TrailBlazer had it. The comfort, safety, and all above. Great truck to drive. Feels good to sit up high and have a smooth ride. It's a great SUV!

TrailBlazer '06
By Daisydog on 11/22/06 11:49 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV that I have ever owned or driven. I bought it because it has 4 wheel drive and I travel to Minnesota several times a year. The ride is great. I like the size and being able to see traffic. The one thing I find difficult is looking back to check cars that I have passed, I am only 5'2" and the head rests seem to impair my vision field. I like the overall size and the ease of getting large items in and out of the back end. To date I only have great things to say. Winter is coming, so I will test my "snow" skills at that time.

TrailBlazer LS
By Fran Preve on 10/29/06 02:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle based on the fact that we may finally need a 4WD here in western New York (where I live on Grand Island I've never needed one). I have been completely satisfied with it, and we did use it during our "October Surprize" blizzard of '06. My wife also is happy with driving it. My gas mileage all around has been 16/17 in mixed driving, not great but acceptable, and it's not broken in yet. I don't regret for a minute buying it and highly recommend it.

Handsome and solidly built
By Skuuter on 10/27/06 22:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I looked at the Toyota 4Runner, Ford Explorer, Dodge Durango and Nissan Armada as well as the Chevy TrailBlazer. I was leaning toward the Chevy, but let my wife make the final decision since she would be the primary driver. All five SUVs could handle the necessary trailering of our 3300 lb. sailboat and were comparably priced at the trim levels we wanted. It won her thumbs up for comfort, solid feel, on- demand power, and aesthetics. After 23K miles it has proven to be very reliable, comfortable on short and long trips and she gets at least 17 mpg on her daily 60 mile trips into the congested city. No squeaks or rattles, lots of oomph and classic looks make this a winner.

One Major Complaint
By Aching Back on 10/16/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 TrailBlazer LT three days ago, and I'm very disappointed. When I took it for a test drive, I tried to find a comfortable position for the driver's seat, but could not. Since it has the 8-way adjustment, I figured it was me, not the seat. I was wrong. Look around the 'net and you'll find numerous complaints about the hard/uncomfortable driver's seat. The design is terrible. The seat feels like you are sitting on a rolling pin, and the lumbar adjustment is another rolling pin that still protrudes too much, even when "deflated". The frustrating part is that I like everything about the rest of the TrailBlazer (V8, Bose, XM, OnStar,etc.). The 8 way seat causes back pain.

New, but great
By Mike G on 09/17/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I tried the 4 runner, which seemed great until I drove the Chevy. I traded up from a Cobalt. So far so good. It's a smooth truck. I expected the ride to be a little harder, but it handles better than a small car.

Love my TrailBlazer
By paula arnold on 09/08/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 TrailBlazer and loved it. I was very pleased with everything about it. The handling, gas mileage, etc. I traded it in for a 2006. It had more options on it. Sunroof, six disc player, power driver seat. I'm still getting great gas mileage. It was even a little cheaper than my 2002. For the price, you can get a lot for your money. I will buy another one if I decide I want a new SUV!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.