2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
engine problems
By jcameron on 05/15/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I currently have 23,000 miles on my 2006 trailblazer. My check engine light came on, and they said it was misfiring in the cylinders. They replaced one, but that didn't fix it. Gm told them to replace the whole head and gaskets. They billed gm for over $6,000 warranty work, and now the light is on again. They are saying it is a parts problem, but they have to order the same part again to put back in it..$6,000 more dollars. My warranty is up in 2 more months, and I am trading this vehicle. My cousin has one also, and has problems. The service manager told me that it was a problem with the in line 6 engine in this vehicle.

Needs a recall notice
By darrell on 04/19/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ever since I've had the vehicle I have had nothing but problems. The traction control light come on all the time and the check engine light. I've had it tested for the traction control lights and they said the computer chip needed reset and they did that. However, the lights still come on all the time. Now we are experiencing a very bad miss in the engine and it won't hardly run. I will never own another Chevrolet because I've had nothing but trouble ever since I've purchased this vehicle.

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem on 04/04/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.

Don't buy one
By crackmonkeys4hire on 03/07/09 16:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The car is OK except that the electronics failed in less than 2 years. Good thing I bought that warranty. Now the plastic around the base of the seats have broken. Overall I'm not very impressed by Chevrolet vehicles.

A Solid Performer
By richgimmel on 01/04/09 05:07 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I kept this car for three years and put 70k miles on it. Never had a single problem with anything on it. This is a very well-built vehicle. So much so, that my replacement for it was another TrailBlazer, a new '08 that GM had heavily discounted.

If only it got better mileage
By True Blue on 11/14/08 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing I can say against the TrailBlazer is that the gas mileaage averages around 15-16 mpg. I like my TrailBlazer better than any other vehicle I have owned, and it is perfect for driving in Wisconsin Winters. I feel it is a mucher safer vehicle for my family than any mid-size sedan or smaller SUV.

Love my Blazer
By MattK on 10/10/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine for 2 years and not 1 time in the shop. Super comfortable and fast and fits 5 very comfortably. No complaints other than gas mileage which can be expected for this engine/size car. I get about 19/20 mpg in a suburban area with a decent amount of light. I would buy again!

Quality Remains at GM
By Jerry on 08/27/08 06:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought leased this truck from my because we could not keep her Jeep Grand Cherokee out of the repair shop. We have had the Trailblazer almost three years and 30,000 miles without one issue. I have the straight six with plenty of power. Once towed a 7000lb trailer. Great in the snow, sorry to see it go off lease. I plan on leasing another GM product.

American made by children
By unchevy on 08/09/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased "pre-owned", turns out it was a rental. had 14k on it at purchase. Just hit the 40k mark (and 3 year for it on the market) and the battery dropped dead the other morning. I have had 7 flat tires in 2 years (have not had a flat since my last Chevy back in 1998!) The fuel gauge/lever has already been replaced, noise from windows at high speeds like everyone else has said is annoying. gas mileage is OK, I don't let it go past 1/2 since it is so expensive so I am getting around 200 miles on a good week. Antenna comes loose every few months. Replaced front Goodyears with Yokahamas and they are so much better. I just don't like American cars. there was a reason I had Toyotas for years.

So far, so good
By vicky11 on 07/10/08 06:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall we have enjoyed this vehicle so far! Previously we had a pick up truck, but it was time to get something more family friendly. My only negative comments are that the seatbelts are not comfortable at all, and very noisy on the highway. It seems like the windows are not shut tight, even when they are.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.