Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

So far..
By frumpytuin

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2LT with a 5.3 L V8 engine in it. Bought used about 2 months ago with 26,000 miles on it. So far, it was a great deal! The first time I went to the gas station I found out I got 12 mpg for city. I figured out that the oil was just nothing special. Since I put the new Penzoil Oil, & ExtraGuard Oil Filter, the performance improved, then got 13.5 city (drives 2-4 mph over the speed limit). I found out later that my tires also weren't properly inflated, so I got the tires to the amount of pressure the vehicle handles, & the fuel range went up! Overall, this is a really nice SUV! I will update this with a new review later & see if this keeps going.

Solid Steering, Excellent Brakes, Efficient 5.3L V8 Engine, Horn, DVD Entertainment System, Underfloor Storage Compartment in the trunk, Rear Seats easy to fold down, 4 of 8 cylinders idle during highway traveling, Curb View when parking (only turns on in Reverse gear)

Better stock speakers, computer (more choices and options), factory tires

My Experinece
By rod3simmons

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB LS in 2007 w/ 18,000k. I'm currently operating this vehicle w/ 89,000. I have replaced the fuel pump, my LO Headlamps are in-opt, and I've had interior issues from poor material. I have used this vehicle for daily commute to work and family trips. I'm currently experiencing engine knocking. I have maintained proper oil changes, etc. I am looking at trading this vehicle in for a more reliable sedan with better mpg. I will likely have to hold on the this vehicle a little longer in order to finance another vehicle due to negative equity on the TB.

comfortable for long trips, roomy cabin

Better MPG.

Trailblazer
By Brian

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love it. Gas mileage poor 15city/21 (maybe 22 downhill) highway. Better highway mileage with 87 or better octane. It is a SUV. Purchased used with 16k miles on it in '08. Do a nearly cross-country trip every year so was looking for a vehicle like this. I can pile most of the kids soccer team in it. Now have 92k miles on so far. Other than check engine light (think it went on at 75k) and gas gauge not working (I let it run out of gas and hasn't worked since) its been a great vehicle.

Screwy light buttons, never remember all the idiot international symbols on the headlight control and what they do.

Cam Sensor out at 52,000 miles
By James

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had this car a year, it has less than 53k miles and the cam sensor malfunctioned. To replace also requires a tune up, as the failure fouled the plugs. Fix - $706. This is the reason I don't buy American made cars.

Relatively smooth ride, decent gas mileage for an SUV. Lots of interior room.

Better materials, a little pride in workmanship would sure go a long way! There's a ton of road noise which accounts for the reason you have a sensor built in to turn the radio volume up and down depending on the speed - very clever way of disguising poor workmanship.

wondering if
By Janet

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yesterday after my vehicle had been parked it would not go into gear. You could feel the gear shift slipping, not engaging in any position. Checked/full of transmission fluid. Only has 36,000miles. A gentleman asked if he could help, said he worked for a chevy dealer, said the belt slips off of the gear shift and this is a very common thing. Also said that chevy dealer would tell you you needed a new belt, but that it can be put right back on, as a matter of fact he did it right in the parking lot with a pair of scissors. Has anyone had this issue with this vehicle. Otherwise we are very satisfied with our TB, no issues other than this

Heated seats, comfort, size