Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Cam Sensor out at 52,000 miles
By James

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had this car a year, it has less than 53k miles and the cam sensor malfunctioned. To replace also requires a tune up, as the failure fouled the plugs. Fix - $706. This is the reason I don't buy American made cars.

Favorite Features

Relatively smooth ride, decent gas mileage for an SUV. Lots of interior room.

Suggested Improvements

Better materials, a little pride in workmanship would sure go a long way! There's a ton of road noise which accounts for the reason you have a sensor built in to turn the radio volume up and down depending on the speed - very clever way of disguising poor workmanship.

wondering if
By Janet

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yesterday after my vehicle had been parked it would not go into gear. You could feel the gear shift slipping, not engaging in any position. Checked/full of transmission fluid. Only has 36,000miles. A gentleman asked if he could help, said he worked for a chevy dealer, said the belt slips off of the gear shift and this is a very common thing. Also said that chevy dealer would tell you you needed a new belt, but that it can be put right back on, as a matter of fact he did it right in the parking lot with a pair of scissors. Has anyone had this issue with this vehicle. Otherwise we are very satisfied with our TB, no issues other than this

Favorite Features

Heated seats, comfort, size

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be much better, we average 16 per mile

Disgusted
By jacqie13

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my trailblazer LT may 2009 already I have electric problem no front lights dealer says he doesn't fix them my gas tank gauge stopped working in October 2009 and they said they can't fix it now my stabilizer is malfunctioning and yes you guessed it they can't fix that either what was the purpose of buying a warranty for $1750.00 and it doesn't cover anything

Suggested Improvements

the gas tank gauge problem must be a recall issue because I am not the only one complaining on that issue

very disapointed
By sapman33

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 14k on it. I got a great deal until I realized the problems that developed. Just like other reviewers I had problems with the gas gauge, and then the trans when out at 70k. I don't pull anything and my wife drives the car so there is no hot rodding. I'm very disappointed in this car. Of course the next year they offered 7/100k warranty. Bad model year (2006) stay away from this car.

Favorite Features

4x4, roomy, ride, handling

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage of 15, your better off with a mini van

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Had
By Philip

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 65k on the clock, and it is hands-down the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I added a lift, different shocks, Tahoe springs, and other stuff, and it drives even better. Real body-on-frame construction, and low range make this a great vehicle. Parts are cheap, and there are plenty of them, so junkyards have tons of salvage parts as well... very pleased with my vehicle!

Favorite Features

Lo-range transfer case, I6 engine, towing capacity, folding rear seats, rear fuse block

Suggested Improvements

Different upper ball-joint design for front, no differential through the oil pan, dual exhaust, rear tire carrier