2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Not a bad vehicle
By Hurb on 03/03/10 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle used with around 9k on it. I've got close to 100k on it and it's still running strong. I have done the regular maintenance, recently changed out the spark plugs myself (which terrifies me with these new cars) and still going. The only thing that I've had to replace were the plastic panels on the bottom of the front seats. Tows awesomely. Mileage can be better, but on a really good day, no wind, flat straight road, I can pull 23mpg, maybe. I'm not a chevy fan and was kinda forced into this vehicle, but I am impressed overall.

My TB has served me well
By Lancer66 on 02/17/10 12:55 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was actually my second Trailblazer. The first one was good so I bought another one. I have driven this vehicle across country many times and in some pretty bad weather conditions. It has always performed flawlessly. I haven't experienced the issues that others have (I have read the reviews here). Mine has 56000 miles.. never had to have any warranty work done. I have replaced the rear brakes but the front ones are still okay. I put a new set of tires on it this past year. I find it comfortable to drive long distance. Fit, finish, paint, etc.. are good and vehicle still looks like new. No squeeks or rattles.. still like new.

I think I got a Lemon
By maureen on 02/12/10 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I was so excited when I bought it. It was used with 9,000 miles on it. I had it for about 10 months and have had nothing but problems since. I'll make a list- line in hatch snapped $400, new battery$120, new starter$300, gas gauge broke$575, throttle body (feels like it going to stall when I stop)$175, I haven't gotten all these fixed yet due to money. This is unbelievable. I shouldn't be putting a dime in to this vehicle! I'm very disappointed and disgusted! Any recalls? there should be!

Bad deals
By rl on 02/03/10 12:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My daughter bought a Trailblazer LS from Cal Worthington and had nothing but trouble. They tried to charge her for charging a battery that was dead because there was some problem with the alarm system and she couldn't turn off the radio,etc. Then the engine blows because they said there was no oil in the engine. She had recently had an oil change which she did regularly. These vehicles should be recalled.

Problems with my blazer
By Mary on 10/10/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems with my blazer,before the warranty was up. Took it to Wilson Motors, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, It's in my front end , & when I turn corners it really makes noise's, like the front end is going to fall off, & just after my warranty was up, my heater went out , I smelled burnt wiring,so,need a new wiring harness, now when I roll my window up,power windows, the headlights flicker.I'm afraid my car will catch on fire.& had a humming noise going on, thought it was a fan , or something, took it in ,the mechanic replaced something on it, said that happens alot with these vehicles & with the wiring problems, he said that happens alot with these vehicles.

Sick of my Trailblazer
By Linda on 09/24/09 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

within days after the warranty was up, the front wheel bearings went out. the cv joint went out. the fuel gauge broke. the dash lights for the stereo/cd player temp control went out,... Not to mention the plastic parts that broke right after we bought it... lol what next? I hate the car.

Very happy with purchase
By GM Wife on 09/16/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this vehicle new in 2006 and have been very happy with it. We occasionally use this vehicle to tow with, commute to work, and to take on trips. Last summer, we drove the vehicle 9 hours to Tennessee with four adults, luggage, and loaded down with a trailer and it performed beautifully. The engine is strong and the turning radius is amazingly tight. This is the easiest vehicle I have ever parked. Even though it is two wheel drive, the traction control makes it handle great in the snow. I'm going to miss it when we turn the lease back in next May.

Reliable SUV
By Slip42 on 09/13/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 trailblazer used in 2006. I have 78,000 miles on it. I have never had it in the shop for any reason. I do regular maintenance and have had no issues. This is my first Chevy SUV and I would buy another one for sure.

Going Strong
By Lancer66 on 06/05/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My Trailblazer has reached 44000 trouble free miles. The only thing I have had to do is to put rear brakes on about 3 months ago. The fronts were still good so the dealership said I could wait a while on those. Original tires are still in good shape as well. This is actually my second TB. This one was a bit fancier than the first one and has the 4x4, step bars, mud flaps, etc. I have driven this vehicle across country several times as well as towed my trailer with it. It performs well, is comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Over-all I am pleased with the performance and reliability that this truck has provided. I would buy another one but I have heard GM is phasing this model out.

Super Sport Heaven
By LuvmySuperSport on 05/31/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Just brought home my ss last week. Wow, what a truck! I am a bit of a motorhead for being a girl, but this truck is the bomb! The power, handling, suspension, ride, the list is so long. I love my super sport. Not since my 1972 chevelle have I loved to get behind the wheel and just drive. It is awe inspiring. I love the black on black and will be detailing her and enjoying every minute. Beautiful and eye catching. Thank you.