2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Read before you buy
By EMCD on 07/19/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife bought this heap with 17k thousand miles on it and it now has 48k. It is a perfect example of why I will never buy a GM product again, the interior is falling apart, the problems listed by other owners is the same we have experienced: gas light not working, radio will not turn off when door is opened and ignition is off, ignition had to be replaced (we took it in three times telling them it was not working but were told each time it was something else like the battery. No need to look further to see why this company (American or not) is going out of business. Terrible quality- don't put someone you love in one. We will get rid of it as soon as we can and buy a Nissan or Honda.

So far..
By frumpytuin on 07/08/10 17:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer 2LT with a 5.3 L V8 engine in it. Bought used about 2 months ago with 26,000 miles on it. So far, it was a great deal! The first time I went to the gas station I found out I got 12 mpg for city. I figured out that the oil was just nothing special. Since I put the new Penzoil Oil, & ExtraGuard Oil Filter, the performance improved, then got 13.5 city (drives 2-4 mph over the speed limit). I found out later that my tires also weren't properly inflated, so I got the tires to the amount of pressure the vehicle handles, & the fuel range went up! Overall, this is a really nice SUV! I will update this with a new review later & see if this keeps going.

My Experinece
By rod3simmons on 06/03/10 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my TB LS in 2007 w/ 18,000k. I'm currently operating this vehicle w/ 89,000. I have replaced the fuel pump, my LO Headlamps are in-opt, and I've had interior issues from poor material. I have used this vehicle for daily commute to work and family trips. I'm currently experiencing engine knocking. I have maintained proper oil changes, etc. I am looking at trading this vehicle in for a more reliable sedan with better mpg. I will likely have to hold on the this vehicle a little longer in order to finance another vehicle due to negative equity on the TB.

Trailblazer
By Brian on 06/01/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love it. Gas mileage poor 15city/21 (maybe 22 downhill) highway. Better highway mileage with 87 or better octane. It is a SUV. Purchased used with 16k miles on it in '08. Do a nearly cross-country trip every year so was looking for a vehicle like this. I can pile most of the kids soccer team in it. Now have 92k miles on so far. Other than check engine light (think it went on at 75k) and gas gauge not working (I let it run out of gas and hasn't worked since) its been a great vehicle.

Cam Sensor out at 52,000 miles
By James on 05/23/10 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I haven't had this car a year, it has less than 53k miles and the cam sensor malfunctioned. To replace also requires a tune up, as the failure fouled the plugs. Fix - $706. This is the reason I don't buy American made cars.

wondering if
By Janet on 04/01/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yesterday after my vehicle had been parked it would not go into gear. You could feel the gear shift slipping, not engaging in any position. Checked/full of transmission fluid. Only has 36,000miles. A gentleman asked if he could help, said he worked for a chevy dealer, said the belt slips off of the gear shift and this is a very common thing. Also said that chevy dealer would tell you you needed a new belt, but that it can be put right back on, as a matter of fact he did it right in the parking lot with a pair of scissors. Has anyone had this issue with this vehicle. Otherwise we are very satisfied with our TB, no issues other than this

Disgusted
By jacqie13 on 03/31/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my trailblazer LT may 2009 already I have electric problem no front lights dealer says he doesn't fix them my gas tank gauge stopped working in October 2009 and they said they can't fix it now my stabilizer is malfunctioning and yes you guessed it they can't fix that either what was the purpose of buying a warranty for $1750.00 and it doesn't cover anything

very disapointed
By sapman33 on 03/23/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this with 14k on it. I got a great deal until I realized the problems that developed. Just like other reviewers I had problems with the gas gauge, and then the trans when out at 70k. I don't pull anything and my wife drives the car so there is no hot rodding. I'm very disappointed in this car. Of course the next year they offered 7/100k warranty. Bad model year (2006) stay away from this car.

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Had
By Philip on 03/09/10 17:26 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 65k on the clock, and it is hands-down the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I added a lift, different shocks, Tahoe springs, and other stuff, and it drives even better. Real body-on-frame construction, and low range make this a great vehicle. Parts are cheap, and there are plenty of them, so junkyards have tons of salvage parts as well... very pleased with my vehicle!

Junk - Chevy should recall
By Jim on 03/05/10 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Wow. Reading thru the unhappy reviews is like reading thru our own list of needed repairs that we can't afford. Gas gauge, check engine light, cv- joint, and on, and on, and on. The list keeps growing. We get one thing fixed and something else goes wrong. My husband travels extensively for work and needs a reliable car. This sure isn't it but we can't afford to trade right now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.