Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

regrets regrets,never again!!
By leecan75

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this truck after i totaled my ford escape..i love it at first..8 months later...well car just shuts off for no reason,thought it was the battery but it's not.we got stranded at a mall had someone try to give us a jump and nothing,so called roadside asst and then the truck just turns on before tow arrived.and now the ac is not working at all.not to mention the inside it CHEAP CHEAO CHEAP oh did i mention, CHEAP! no one know whats wrong with it so it's just sitting in my driveway.after looking up the issue i found hundreds of complaints with the same issues..please stay away..

gps and sunroof

don't make them anymore

Very Good Ride
By dasco54

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

4th blazer I have owned -1976,1992,1999,and now the 2006. Very good ride ,if I had one complaint it is the 99 interior was better laid out. Good mileage with plenty of power. Very minor repairs(belt guide pulley) needed so far and we have 111,000 miles

Great looking from the front , OK from the rear ,very functional rear gate. Good power and decent gas mileage.

Interior is cramped ,the 99 was better

OMG
By 123321

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

3 things simply stated that you will keep finding out. 1) accelerator sticks, car was going 73 mph by itself, 2) Transmission slips constantly, under 50k engine mind you, 3) Engine needed to be replaced within dealership warranty period. Either no one knows how to put these cars together right or there are defects bottom line.

GPS system and cigarette outlets

Better V6 engine

Very Happy, What I expected from a SUV
By Michael

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 s-10 blazers and 3 Astro Vans. I bought this vehicle sight unseen and not even knowing the vehicle. Called the dealer and they offered me this. WOW! Bigger than what i expected but very nice for a used vehicle. I have a bad back and the lumbar support seats were great for a 270 mile round trip in one day (avg 24 mpg) highway and rural roads. It's an SUV I get the same mpg as I had w/ my earlier SUVs and vans. Would like to have a better clearance over the hood but no powers seats. (previous 5 vehicles had) OnStar is great. 2 days after i bought it, -32 deg wind chill, vehicle had a stuck throttle, hit Onstar and they ran i diagnostic. fixed it w/no garage visit.

OnStar-auto headlights-rear ac/heat-very roomy interior-lumbar seats-parts for vehicle are standard and are not special order(why i stay with American made cars.

Power seats standard-More responsive trany in town(when i need to step on it-i want it to go,not go blah--then go) dont cheap out on the interior quality. i leaned on the center consul cover and it broke.

Lots of miles, still rocking
By ryanlong013

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 2008 with 40,000 miles on it. It was previously a leased vehicle. Everything has been great so far. I had to put a new alternator on it at 80,000 miles. I also had to put new shocks/struts on it at 100,000 miles. Just got the brakes re-done at 103,500 miles (they were still the original brakes). Overall, I have been really lucky with this car. It is great for my close to 50,000 miles of driving annually.

I6, A/C, 4WD, Bose Sound System, Comfy Ride, OnStar