2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: 06 Trailblazer

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

06 Trailblazer
By scribe77 on

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Trailblazer. First one was 2003. Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles. I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it. It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance. Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway. Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00). I have replaced the brakes twice. Tires replaced once. Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while. It did it, but it wasn't happy. With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg. When this one wears out I will look for another one.

Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.