Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

I love it
By hellokiti

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

Spacious.

Exterior strength...My car grill is made out of plastic.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

gas is pretty good, I fill at 1/2 now due to prices, ride is or was smooth.

Seems like ikea joined w/chevy to make this car. no wonder they stoppped production. I know I have other issues but I cannot think off the top of my head of what they are. I can't wait to have this thing paid off so I can get rid of it. I don't want to sink any more money into it.

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.

American made by children
By unchevy

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased "pre-owned", turns out it was a rental. had 14k on it at purchase. Just hit the 40k mark (and 3 year for it on the market) and the battery dropped dead the other morning. I have had 7 flat tires in 2 years (have not had a flat since my last Chevy back in 1998!) The fuel gauge/lever has already been replaced, noise from windows at high speeds like everyone else has said is annoying. gas mileage is OK, I don't let it go past 1/2 since it is so expensive so I am getting around 200 miles on a good week. Antenna comes loose every few months. Replaced front Goodyears with Yokahamas and they are so much better. I just don't like American cars. there was a reason I had Toyotas for years.

Interior room, V6 is smooth, height off road

Just seems like the whole vehicle was put together in a rush. The older models don't seem to have that many problems and actually hold their value a little more. I really do regret getting this as it is worth 1/8th of what I paid 2 years ago!

2006 2WD TrailBlazer
By jean

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV last year and thus far it has been a good investment. I love GM products and will continue to buy them. This is the most comfortable auto ever! There is plenty of leg room for us tall people and 5 passenagers can sit comfortably in this SUM, unlike my GMC Jimmy. Keep up the good work GM!

Easy steering, comfortable ride, onstar features, plenty of room for passenagers, good horsepower, and ease of parking. Joy to drive.

The only thing I would like to see improved in future models is the gas mileage. For a rather large SUV I suppose it gets fair gas mileage-- about 21mpg.