2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
I love it
By hellokiti on 03/14/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine on 09/22/12 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem on 04/04/09 22:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.

American made by children
By unchevy on 08/09/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased "pre-owned", turns out it was a rental. had 14k on it at purchase. Just hit the 40k mark (and 3 year for it on the market) and the battery dropped dead the other morning. I have had 7 flat tires in 2 years (have not had a flat since my last Chevy back in 1998!) The fuel gauge/lever has already been replaced, noise from windows at high speeds like everyone else has said is annoying. gas mileage is OK, I don't let it go past 1/2 since it is so expensive so I am getting around 200 miles on a good week. Antenna comes loose every few months. Replaced front Goodyears with Yokahamas and they are so much better. I just don't like American cars. there was a reason I had Toyotas for years.

2006 2WD TrailBlazer
By jean on 06/28/08 04:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV last year and thus far it has been a good investment. I love GM products and will continue to buy them. This is the most comfortable auto ever! There is plenty of leg room for us tall people and 5 passenagers can sit comfortably in this SUM, unlike my GMC Jimmy. Keep up the good work GM!

My Chevy
By Meposian51 on 10/26/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my Chevy Trailblazer. It has pep with 290 horsepower and handles well. Easy to park, and I get decent gas mileage for an SUV. Plenty of room for groceries or luggage, etc in the back which is great for trips. This is my first SUV and I would definitely recommend the Chevy Trailblazer!

Horrible Electrical system
By kdogg on 09/02/07 23:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been in the repair shop for electrical problems 2 times, with only 5600 miles this annoying.The 291 horsepower rating, i think is wrong,more like 200 hp. Gas mileage is 12-14 city and 18-20 highway. Off the line acceleration is horrible,from 0- 40 feels like a go-kart, once you are past 40 mph acceleration is awesome. A Geo Metro can beat this vehicle off the line. Transmission is ok, but I think a 5 or 6 speed would improve performance and gas mileage. G80 rear locking differential is awesome, with this no need for 4wd. Wind noise is horrible at highway speeds, sounds like a window is open. Turning circle is great, better than most cars. Stability control is excellent.

Nice Vehicle
By Lorenzo on 08/08/07 07:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice ,comfortable, and good handling SUV. Has all the options. Great sound and power when you need it.

TrailBlazer Rocks!
By Jason on 01/04/07 16:27 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my TrialBlazer. The mean design and look is great! The ride is super and the power is wonderful.

Love my TrailBlazer
By paula arnold on 09/08/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 TrailBlazer and loved it. I was very pleased with everything about it. The handling, gas mileage, etc. I traded it in for a 2006. It had more options on it. Sunroof, six disc player, power driver seat. I'm still getting great gas mileage. It was even a little cheaper than my 2002. For the price, you can get a lot for your money. I will buy another one if I decide I want a new SUV!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.