2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
06 Trailblazer
By scribe77 on 04/26/13 18:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Trailblazer. First one was 2003. Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles. I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it. It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance. Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway. Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00). I have replaced the brakes twice. Tires replaced once. Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while. It did it, but it wasn't happy. With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg. When this one wears out I will look for another one.

I love it
By hellokiti on 03/14/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine on 09/22/12 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

Fuel Sensor issue
By aschilling on 03/24/12 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had a fuel sensor issue with the Trailblazer. The gas gague always read empty when the sensor went out. There is a "hidden assistance recall" that GM has that you have to go thru a dealer. We were quoted $340 just to replace the sensor and not the pump. We found the sensor on e-bay for $25.00 and did it ourselves.

regrets regrets,never again!!
By leecan75 on 05/27/11 07:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

i bought this truck after i totaled my ford escape..i love it at first..8 months later...well car just shuts off for no reason,thought it was the battery but it's not.we got stranded at a mall had someone try to give us a jump and nothing,so called roadside asst and then the truck just turns on before tow arrived.and now the ac is not working at all.not to mention the inside it CHEAP CHEAO CHEAP oh did i mention, CHEAP! no one know whats wrong with it so it's just sitting in my driveway.after looking up the issue i found hundreds of complaints with the same issues..please stay away..

Very Good Ride
By dasco54 on 05/14/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

4th blazer I have owned -1976,1992,1999,and now the 2006. Very good ride ,if I had one complaint it is the 99 interior was better laid out. Good mileage with plenty of power. Very minor repairs(belt guide pulley) needed so far and we have 111,000 miles

OMG
By 123321 on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

3 things simply stated that you will keep finding out. 1) accelerator sticks, car was going 73 mph by itself, 2) Transmission slips constantly, under 50k engine mind you, 3) Engine needed to be replaced within dealership warranty period. Either no one knows how to put these cars together right or there are defects bottom line.

Very Happy, What I expected from a SUV
By Michael on 08/10/10 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 s-10 blazers and 3 Astro Vans. I bought this vehicle sight unseen and not even knowing the vehicle. Called the dealer and they offered me this. WOW! Bigger than what i expected but very nice for a used vehicle. I have a bad back and the lumbar support seats were great for a 270 mile round trip in one day (avg 24 mpg) highway and rural roads. It's an SUV I get the same mpg as I had w/ my earlier SUVs and vans. Would like to have a better clearance over the hood but no powers seats. (previous 5 vehicles had) OnStar is great. 2 days after i bought it, -32 deg wind chill, vehicle had a stuck throttle, hit Onstar and they ran i diagnostic. fixed it w/no garage visit.

Lots of miles, still rocking
By ryanlong013 on 08/10/10 13:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 2008 with 40,000 miles on it. It was previously a leased vehicle. Everything has been great so far. I had to put a new alternator on it at 80,000 miles. I also had to put new shocks/struts on it at 100,000 miles. Just got the brakes re-done at 103,500 miles (they were still the original brakes). Overall, I have been really lucky with this car. It is great for my close to 50,000 miles of driving annually.

Sensor/gauge issues in general
By Allie on 07/21/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My TB has been great except for the fuel economy (13 mpg hwy) and sensor issues. "Service stabili-trak" warning comes on often but resets when the car is turned off so the dealer saw nothing wrong. They never fixed it and told me it was probably just a sensor issue. Around 45k miles, the gas level gauge stopped working which is a pain since it constantly beeps that I'm out of gas. The "check engine" light comes on as a result and it failed emissions but the dealer won't fix it under emissions warranty. My cousin works for a parts dealer and says GM cars have TONS of sensor issues. Firestone told me the same thing. A new battery caused no electrical issues as others have had. AC is great

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.