2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
wondering if
By Janet on 04/01/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yesterday after my vehicle had been parked it would not go into gear. You could feel the gear shift slipping, not engaging in any position. Checked/full of transmission fluid. Only has 36,000miles. A gentleman asked if he could help, said he worked for a chevy dealer, said the belt slips off of the gear shift and this is a very common thing. Also said that chevy dealer would tell you you needed a new belt, but that it can be put right back on, as a matter of fact he did it right in the parking lot with a pair of scissors. Has anyone had this issue with this vehicle. Otherwise we are very satisfied with our TB, no issues other than this

Very happy with purchase
By GM Wife on 09/16/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this vehicle new in 2006 and have been very happy with it. We occasionally use this vehicle to tow with, commute to work, and to take on trips. Last summer, we drove the vehicle 9 hours to Tennessee with four adults, luggage, and loaded down with a trailer and it performed beautifully. The engine is strong and the turning radius is amazingly tight. This is the easiest vehicle I have ever parked. Even though it is two wheel drive, the traction control makes it handle great in the snow. I'm going to miss it when we turn the lease back in next May.

Love my Blazer
By MattK on 10/10/08 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine for 2 years and not 1 time in the shop. Super comfortable and fast and fits 5 very comfortably. No complaints other than gas mileage which can be expected for this engine/size car. I get about 19/20 mpg in a suburban area with a decent amount of light. I would buy again!

After Warranty Problems
By Jim Williams on 12/07/07 07:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although my TrailBlazer is excellent for the transporting of my family, 7 of us in all. I have 59,000 miles on my vehicle. In one month the camshaft sensor went bad, the fuel guage does not work, the rear air unit only pumps cold air and I am beginning to feel a transmission stutter. I am scared to death I bought a lemon. Initially, I was well pleased with this car. Warning for families although on the EXT you have a third row. It is extremely difficult to enter and exit the vehicle. I will not buy another Chevy, ever!

Trailblazer SS Love
By Elliott Goodman on 08/31/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love the way it drives and handles, very sporty yet classy at the same time. Turns a lot of heads. No one expects it to turn and burn. Total sleeper, you just can't beat the LS2 Motor in a mid size SUV.

Love it, hate all of the little problems
By AHall on 05/28/06 20:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the TrailBlazer new in March. We have ejoyed the extra room with our small little family. Also love the power the strait 6 gives us, but with that comes the terrible gas mileage! I have also had it back to the dealer 3 times now for adjustments to the doors because the wind noise is so bad. Tonight I got home and started to roll the power windows up and the driver side completely stopped working. Here is another trip I am going to have to take to the dealer. Other than all of the stupid little problems I am having to put up with, it is wonderful!

I love my truck!
By LuvMyChinaBabies on 05/06/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2000 and 2001 Blazer before bought the '05 Trailblazer. I am 6" tall and had a hard time in the older models because my head would be in the sunroof--pretty uncomfortable. The '05 sits up higher and the head clearance is taller so I have lots of head room. The back seats are great for the kids (2 in car seats and one not). They are not cramped. I love this truck--the interior is great. I have the dark ebony interior and it is super for families with small children- -you cannot see the stains. All in all I love it and would purchase it again in a heartbeat. I am looking forward to the next model

Wish I hadn't
By kgonz on 04/24/06 04:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have only had this car for 3 months, and I'm more than ready to get rid of it. Can't stand the hideous gas mileage I'm getting (13.5mpg). And the obnoxiously loud "ding ding ding" of the interior alert. I was told that when the "fuel low" alert turned on, it meant I had about 40 miles left. It ended up being more like 10 miles-which left me stranded on the highway in the rain! Think this is the last American car I'll buy, most definitely the last Chevy.

Good for the price
By ricardo riostirado on 01/01/06 12:41 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is a nice SUV at a competitive price that offers average commodities and comfort. But as all other SUVs it looks the same as all others and the interior is mostly plastic with very little luxury beside a little chrome around the interior. My Trailblazer is supposed to seat 7 passengers, but I wonder where they get 5 people that can actually seat comfortable in the back seat. The Vortec 4200 six-cylinder engine is surprisingly responsive and delivers enough power to pull a good size trailer and boat. The transmision shift smoothly and the Automatic Allwheel drive is a great feature.

Trailblazer LT EXT V8 5.3L
By Carlos P. on 09/17/05 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this SUV, and the looks and performance on the V8 engine. It's roomy. A perfect vehicle for family trips or vacations, and well designed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.