Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

wondering if
By Janet

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Yesterday after my vehicle had been parked it would not go into gear. You could feel the gear shift slipping, not engaging in any position. Checked/full of transmission fluid. Only has 36,000miles. A gentleman asked if he could help, said he worked for a chevy dealer, said the belt slips off of the gear shift and this is a very common thing. Also said that chevy dealer would tell you you needed a new belt, but that it can be put right back on, as a matter of fact he did it right in the parking lot with a pair of scissors. Has anyone had this issue with this vehicle. Otherwise we are very satisfied with our TB, no issues other than this

Heated seats, comfort, size

Gas mileage could be much better, we average 16 per mile

Very happy with purchase
By GM Wife

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this vehicle new in 2006 and have been very happy with it. We occasionally use this vehicle to tow with, commute to work, and to take on trips. Last summer, we drove the vehicle 9 hours to Tennessee with four adults, luggage, and loaded down with a trailer and it performed beautifully. The engine is strong and the turning radius is amazingly tight. This is the easiest vehicle I have ever parked. Even though it is two wheel drive, the traction control makes it handle great in the snow. I'm going to miss it when we turn the lease back in next May.

Glossy, extra nice charcoal paint. The folding rear seats are a big plus, sunroof, class three hitch, and overall versatility. Absolute favorite- maneuverability!

The license plate surround bezel has cracked and the taillight took on water a few years back, but the dealer repaired with no issue. Drivers side rear door weatherstrips falls off. The interior is a bit "plasticy-looking", but the controls all make sense and are easy to use, so I can live with it.

Love my Blazer
By MattK

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had mine for 2 years and not 1 time in the shop. Super comfortable and fast and fits 5 very comfortably. No complaints other than gas mileage which can be expected for this engine/size car. I get about 19/20 mpg in a suburban area with a decent amount of light. I would buy again!

Large seats although I am a small person. Quick acceleration. Very roomy and comfortable inside. AC is extremely cold here in Florida. Tires last a long time.

Gas mileage

After Warranty Problems
By Jim Williams

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Although my TrailBlazer is excellent for the transporting of my family, 7 of us in all. I have 59,000 miles on my vehicle. In one month the camshaft sensor went bad, the fuel guage does not work, the rear air unit only pumps cold air and I am beginning to feel a transmission stutter. I am scared to death I bought a lemon. Initially, I was well pleased with this car. Warning for families although on the EXT you have a third row. It is extremely difficult to enter and exit the vehicle. I will not buy another Chevy, ever!

All seats behind the driver and passenger retract.

More reliability with engine components and other features.

Trailblazer SS Love
By Elliott Goodman

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Love the way it drives and handles, very sporty yet classy at the same time. Turns a lot of heads. No one expects it to turn and burn. Total sleeper, you just can't beat the LS2 Motor in a mid size SUV.

The 395 hp LS2 Corvette V8

Strengthen some of the interior plastic and work a little more on the rubber seals, at speed they make noise sometimes.