Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

My heavy chevy
By tiffany

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since 07. I bought it for myself as a birthday gift. It sits at 198,000 miles and it runs like I just drove it off the lot. I keep up the necessary maintanace on it. I have been threw a few battiers, much to my own fault for having my system hooked up to it. A fuel tank sensor (recalled so I got my money back), tires, water pump two times, an altanator, rear hatch shocks, and some front end stuff (struts, control arms, bearings, etc. ) I love this truck and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to replace it...

Not worth the work
By Alexis

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved this car, but I do not have the time nor wish to spend the amount of time necessary in up keeping this car. The older it gets, the more the little things keep adding up. From the AC to the fan to the hatch hydraulics to the windshield wipers to the driver door panel to the sun roof to the electric shorting in general...... the list goes on and on. I have always felt pretty safe driving it, unless the battery dies or the fuel pump fails. You need AAA with this car.

I love it
By hellokiti

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

Spacious.

Exterior strength...My car grill is made out of plastic.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

gas is pretty good, I fill at 1/2 now due to prices, ride is or was smooth.

Seems like ikea joined w/chevy to make this car. no wonder they stoppped production. I know I have other issues but I cannot think off the top of my head of what they are. I can't wait to have this thing paid off so I can get rid of it. I don't want to sink any more money into it.

manufacture that won't stand by engine
By miss fire problem

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a new 2006 chevy trailblazer 4dr ls 6 cyl in 2005. As soon as the warranty is up my check engine lite came on and then went out, and they tell me that I have a miss fire in the head of the engine. I took it into a dealership and they tell me that it will cost me $4,000. for a new head that they wont stand behind because it is not a recall yet. The service writer tells me that they are having this problem in the Colorados too. And that it is a manufacture flaw that the heads they used need new sleeves. In the mid year of 2006 they changed their warranty to a 5 year 100,000 . I have the 3yr 36,000. My blazer has just under 50k miles.