Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Solid Engine, Good value vehicle
By Brad M.

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My parents bought a 2006 4WD LS Trailblazer from a used car lot in 2007/2008 with about 20K-30K miles on it. We have since owned the vehicle since 2010. This SUV was the first one I've ever owned. It took a little getting used to the low gas mileage, but living in Pennsylvania with sometimes heavy snow and icy conditions, it was great having a vehicle with 4WD and good ground clearance. This vehicle will hit 200,000 miles within the next month and I hope to keep the vehicle for at least another 20K miles (unless some costly major repair is needed). The vehicle is on its 3rd or 4th set of tires, I replaced the engine belt at 187K miles, I've replaced the front struts, all 4 rotors recently, and the belt tensioner twice ($15 part). The O2 sensor has been replaced once and I am online now ordering a thermostat for the engine (and a rear tail-light, my wife backed into a car yesterday while out shopping). The Inline 6 engine is highly rated and I've never had any issue with it. The rear struts need to be replaced, but it still passes state inspection and each time the mechanics mention how great of condition this vehicle is in. My only complaints with this vehicle are that the interior is cheap looking on our LS model. The dash is cheap feeling hard plastic and the rear speakers have been out for over a year. Overall I love this vehicle and would consider buying another even though they are pretty old. There is a fantastic website forum called TrailVoy.com with tons of discussions for any problem you could have with this vehicle and helpful tips on DIY fixes, or advice on paying for repairs.

My heavy chevy
By tiffany

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck since 07. I bought it for myself as a birthday gift. It sits at 198,000 miles and it runs like I just drove it off the lot. I keep up the necessary maintanace on it. I have been threw a few battiers, much to my own fault for having my system hooked up to it. A fuel tank sensor (recalled so I got my money back), tires, water pump two times, an altanator, rear hatch shocks, and some front end stuff (struts, control arms, bearings, etc. ) I love this truck and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I'm not looking forward to the day I have to replace it...

Not worth the work
By Alexis

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved this car, but I do not have the time nor wish to spend the amount of time necessary in up keeping this car. The older it gets, the more the little things keep adding up. From the AC to the fan to the hatch hydraulics to the windshield wipers to the driver door panel to the sun roof to the electric shorting in general...... the list goes on and on. I have always felt pretty safe driving it, unless the battery dies or the fuel pump fails. You need AAA with this car.

Loved the Car, but didn't love the repairs
By zanderman1

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my 2006 trailblazer for little over 3 years, and as much as i loved the car it was on problem after another one with it, it was all fine till you start hitting the 80,000 mile mark after that everything started going, it was starting to rust really fast, it was breaking down about every other month till finally around 92,000 miles i had it with it and traded it in, very fun to drive, but repair cost through the roof. It was a well cared for car to, so i am shocked i had so much issues

Fun to drive Lots of power Fast take off

Broke down a lot Expensive repairs rusts easily Doors get stiff when not opened daily Starts falling apart around 80,000 miles. My brakes never stop making noise even after being replaced Very bad on gas i would get about 11 or less city and 13 to 15 highway, At the pump sometimes twice a week.

06 Trailblazer
By scribe77

This is
my second Trailblazer.
First one was 2003.
Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles.
I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it.
It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance.
Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway.
Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00).
I have replaced the brakes twice.
Tires replaced once.
Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while.
It did it, but it wasn't happy.
With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg.
When this one wears out I will look for another one.

Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.