Used 2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Loved the Car, but didn't love the repairs
By zanderman1

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I had my 2006 trailblazer for little over 3 years, and as much as i loved the car it was on problem after another one with it, it was all fine till you start hitting the 80,000 mile mark after that everything started going, it was starting to rust really fast, it was breaking down about every other month till finally around 92,000 miles i had it with it and traded it in, very fun to drive, but repair cost through the roof. It was a well cared for car to, so i am shocked i had so much issues

Fun to drive Lots of power Fast take off

Broke down a lot Expensive repairs rusts easily Doors get stiff when not opened daily Starts falling apart around 80,000 miles. My brakes never stop making noise even after being replaced Very bad on gas i would get about 11 or less city and 13 to 15 highway, At the pump sometimes twice a week.

06 Trailblazer
By scribe77

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Trailblazer. First one was 2003. Kept the 2003 for about 4 years and 90,000+ miles. I bought the 2006 in 2009 with about 30,000 miles on it. It now has 115,000 miles. Love its power and appearance. Gas mileage is acceptable with about 15-17 city and 20 -22 on the highway. Only problems with it other than maintenance was the fuel sensor, which I had to replace and belt tensioner ($20.00). I have replaced the brakes twice. Tires replaced once. Used it to pull 4,000 lb trailer for a while. It did it, but it wasn't happy. With a 3,000 lb trailer it drives much better, but hwy mileage sank to about 13-14 mpg. When this one wears out I will look for another one.

Responsive engine. Comforatble seating. I have power seats but still use a small cushion to see better over the hood. To date, it reliability has been outstanding. The interior is a bit funky, but it it functionable and it suits me. All the controls are in easy reach and no real need to take your eyes off the road. Love it.

I love it
By hellokiti

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Ive seen many bad reviews on the car but I have yet to have a problem that isnt my fault. Im a hot head and am often known to put my foot to the petal really fast...And yet my car has not had ONE problem with it thus far. My problems have always been dents and dings I get from not paying attention. Im on 130,000 miles and had it for 2 years. Im a SUV lover and though I have ramed into people in the past my car still runs strong. Its my baby.

Spacious.

Exterior strength...My car grill is made out of plastic.

oh where to start....
By victoryismine

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased from a Chevy dealership in 2007 w/17k miles. Later found out it was a rental. Had it in the shop 4 or 5 times the first few weeks. Items which have failed on me: on my 3rd water pump (only have 72k miles right now) replaced front tires, and then all 4, had the fuel guage go once, and then a 2nd time which I have not fixed which causes the check engine light to come on, battery drains w/ac or heat running at a stop-shop can't figure it out, Interior lights are out along the radio buttons, both front seats are no longer connected by the plastic frame-taped to hold on, rear winshield washer hasn't worked in years, now there is a loud noice coming off the front wheels - bearings?

gas is pretty good, I fill at 1/2 now due to prices, ride is or was smooth.

Seems like ikea joined w/chevy to make this car. no wonder they stoppped production. I know I have other issues but I cannot think off the top of my head of what they are. I can't wait to have this thing paid off so I can get rid of it. I don't want to sink any more money into it.

Fuel Sensor issue
By aschilling

2006 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We had a fuel sensor issue with the Trailblazer. The gas gague always read empty when the sensor went out. There is a "hidden assistance recall" that GM has that you have to go thru a dealer. We were quoted $340 just to replace the sensor and not the pump. We found the sensor on e-bay for $25.00 and did it ourselves.

Do a recall on the fuel sensor.