2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: Roomy, Gadgeted-up Gas Guzzler

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Roomy, Gadgeted-up Gas Guzzler Just OK
By Darin Lawson on

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I swore I'd never drive a Chevy again, but the employee-discount deal made a 2yr lease on this T-Blazer cheaper than the four-year-old Eddie Bauer I was looking at, so I relented. Took it through a car wash the other day; the top windshield molding blew off. My wife opened the door the other day; the inside door seal fell to the ground. Plasticy interior has had a couple rattles already. Biggest complaint is the lack of travel on the seats. I'm 6'3 and can't get the seat low enough to feel like I'm riding "in" the car, rather than "on" the car, plus no lumbar or lateral back support- my '96 Ford had a better seat. It ain't bad, it just could be better..

1. Super 24V I6 motor has incredible power and runs effortlessly 2. Very roomy interior-lots of cargo space 3. has more gadgets than a Cadillac 4. Love the rain-sensing wipers (why, for $138, isn't it standard on all GM cars??) 5. sharp 2-tone interior (tan & black) 6. driver-adjustable features

1. No place for "stuff" in the center console 2. better fit/finish (black paint shows orange peel from the factory!!) 3. GAS MILEAGE!! if you're looking for an around town grocery hopper...this ain't it (11-14mpg); drive on the interstate and you'll get 20mpg; Next time, I'm buying a used MDX.