Recommended
By Recommended on
2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
Excellent overall vehicle. I drive fairly gently, obey speed limits, and use cruise control. 22.5 mpg hwy and 17.5 mpg city. When wanted, great power from the inline 6 cyl (275 hp). Fantastic brakes! Super-tight turning radius... Made driving/parking in chicago a breeze. I bought used with 7k mi 3/06; now has 39.5k mi... Absolutely no problems. 4wd works well... several excursions beach driving at Outer Banks, NC without problems (deflate tires to 15-20psi). I suggest changing OEM tires from Goodyears. I installed Michelin LTX tires and handling, ride, and offroad greatly improved! Outstanding everyday vehicle, in my opinion.
Favorite Features
Inline 6Cyl has plenty of power; good interior room and capacity; hidden storage; drives "small"; fantastic brakes; tight turning; towing capacity
Suggested Improvements
I installed running boards, helps getting in and out and saves your seats from excess rubbing on the outer sides; definitely change the original Goodyears; overall, for what it is and what it's designed to be, nothing else, in my opinion.