Great buy
By tigerfan on
2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I have the 2005 LT 4x4 regular wheelbase with the amazing 4.2L 291hp six. This car is underated by many consumer magazines. This is still the most powerful 6 cylinder SUV you can get. V8 power, 6 cylinder fuel efficiency. I pulled a 5500 pound trailer last month about 400 miles, and the Trailblazer took it with ease. It can also pull my two ATVs to the camp and back through moderate off road conditions with no problem, thanks to the automatic four wheel drive. After 11,000 miles, I find that my highway mileage is around 23, city mileage is as low as 17. Seats are comfortable, and the new updated interior has better trim materials than before, but it is still a little odd looking.
Favorite Features
Locking rear differential is a must if you do any off roading, it keeps the car moving. The engine is amazing, its still more powrful than the V6 engine competitors It gets decent mileage, and runs great on regular gas.
Suggested Improvements
I think a 5 speed automatic would turn this truck into a hot rod. While the interior is intuitive, it is not very attractive. Off roading is not bad, but GM needs to give this truck a little more ground clearance. Sticker price is a little high before incentives.