Expensive to keep
By Rich Oas on
2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
Bought at 18K. Took to dealer for electrical probs at 35K. They say nothing wrong...haha. Shortly Replaced... Htr fan switch, exhaust manifold (hole),ABS module,4wd transfer case,ball joints, wheel bearings,tie rods. Currently the htr fan switch is going bad and the gas gauge and speedometer don't work. I rarely get 16 mpg hiway, Air seals poor. The tailgate lock works intermittently, the lights dim on the road and went out on me once at nite. I have put over 5K over and above normal maint into this in 3.5 yr .Nothing covered under warranty. Other than that a real sweet ride. Was a GM customer for life ..never to buy another GM. The small and mid level SUV's and trucks are pure junk.
Favorite Features
Ride
Suggested Improvements
Front end recall/redesign/replacement , Wiring recall/redesign/replacement...entire car. New and better airseal design.
By troublezlokn
on 03/02/12 06:48 AM (PST)

i have the same major prob with the dim lights. without warning while driving the dim lights go out and i have to flip my brights till they for whatever reason decide to work again. it is a pain in the butt 4 me for several reasons. o the poor people on the road in front of me & the others coming at me i am so so so sorry. there are so many other probs with the hunk o junk 2. i HATE my TRAILBLAZER. i wish it would go ahead & quit all together. i have never liked it from the showroom floor.