Disheartened
By dsu24 on
2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)
I have a 2005 Trailblazer EXT 4x4 and only have 58,000 miles on it. This was my first American vehicle and at first I loved it and was happy I made the switch. I have recently had a check engine light on and took it to the shop. Had a 300 error (engine misfire on cylinder 2) and after 2 visits and $150.00 later the shop told me to take it to the dealer. Just got off the phone and I am at $600.00 and they are still trying to figure out the issue. This truck is still brand new and should not have these issues. I have seen people complaining about this online so it is not just me. My wife's Nissan is older and has more miles and has no issues. This has soured me on GM. Stay away.
By mint51
on 04/13/11 19:13 PM (PDT)

I also have an '05 TB, and unfortunately had the experience of cylinder misfire (twice already). 73K miles on it...shouldn't be having this issue. But apparently there is a bulletin on GM Motors now stating that the loss of power in the cylinder is due to the poor metal material that was built to hold the valves at the base of the cylinder (to retain the pressure..but it leaks because it is weak). WHY did the idiots use poor quality parts, so the vehicle only lasts 5 yrs.. The repair cost is close to the amount of a new engine due to the refurbishing or just buying a new set of cylinders...THIS IS CRAP....I will never by GM again, and will definitely urge people to stay away also.