2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
1 year old
By jerry on 06/08/06 14:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Best riding SUV we tested- solid feel and handling - avg 17mpg Just took a road trip and got 21mpg on hwy. Tows heavy trailer with 2 yards of dirt with no strain. So far no mechanical issues.

Excellent mid-size choice
By Bryan L. on 04/29/06 05:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 TrailBlazer LS 4WD three months ago with 7000 miles on the odometer. No problems; everything works as it should. Living and driving in Chicago, it's a perfect SUV (for me) for this terrain. Excellent visibility, super-tight turning radius, and it surpresses all of those rough roads and pot holes with ease. Great power from the 4.2L inline six cylinder (almost 300hp) and experienced 17.5 mpg around the city and 21.5 on the highway. No drifting has been experienced at highway speeds. The TrailBlazer has been around for awhile and has a proven design that works well for most.

Solid Chevy
By jerry on 04/01/06 03:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV handles great and will tow heavy loads with no problem. We have taken a long trip with 7 passengers comfortably. The seats fold flat easily and the ride is great. The gas mileage is its weak point 17mpg but we knew that before we bought it.

Great 4x4
By tmnavy on 03/12/06 06:34 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We got our '05 Trailblazer LS 4x4 in Dec '05 and we love it. So much room, and power. A week after we got it we went from OH to CT, 740 miles one way, and averaged 21 mpg the whole trip and it did great in the snow.

Love the Trailblazer
By Trailblazer on 02/04/06 04:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my Dodge Dakota for the Trailblazer as I wanted more room and better gas mileage. I found I got 20 MPG on the highway doing 70 mph, which was a huge improvement for me. I love the room it offers and it handles great in corners. The sunroof and 4X4 features are just an added bounce. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase.

Nice truck
By jpb on 01/28/06 22:56 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased TB to replace an '02 Explorer (first and absolutely last Ford). Pleasure to drive, good performance, good reliability. Lots of wind noise. Not much storage up front. Seats could fold down easier with more room (they hit the front seats). Seat belts aren't the most comfortable, and hard to reach. Love the heated leather, stereo, sunroof, driver info center. Gas mileage could be better. Cup holder locations aren't very convenient. Great ride, though, and Chevy reliability is the best, especially after owning a Ford.

2005 TrailBlazer
By WRC on 01/17/06 01:17 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I am extremely satisfied with my TrailBlazer. I think there are a few improvements that could be made to better accomodate the driver and passengers but I am sure that Chevrolet will work out the kinks in years to come. Hopefully Chevrolet will find a way to increase the fuel economy on the TrailBlazer. This is my biggest complaint.

One of the few
By Bert on 01/13/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

By far this is one of the few midsize SUV's that actually comes close to what it is supposed to do. The interior is actually roomy, I am 6'2" and I fit more comfortable in this truck than in my Silverado. I do have only one complaint, it is the weather strip for the rear passenger door that just won't stay in place. The sound system is actually pretty decent. The combination of colors for the interior are awesome. I have had my good share of vehicles, I am very satisfied with this particular one.

I love it
By Joe Pariso on 01/13/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Gets 22.5 on the hiway in 2wd. Did not use 4wd yet, You ride in comfort and security with the OnStar and a 6 cyl eng that you don't hear it run. Very solid and I love to drive it.

My Trailblazer
By sal on 01/11/06 00:25 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Owning the Chevy Trailblazer has been very fun. This vehicle is very reliable and for having a six cylinder engine it is pretty fast and strong. The accelaration is very quick and you could feel the power of the engine as you step on the gas pedal. I feel that this vehicle is safe and comfortable for me and my family.