2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Can't keep it running
By R. Breski on 01/25/07 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Currently in shop w/ 46k, at 25k new cylinder head, at 35k new trans, at 45k new cylinder head again, and while they were in there found timing problem. Like everything about the vehicle but it just won't stay away from the service department. Owned GM all my life, never had an experience like this, not sure if I'll buy another. Did I mention they have had this vehicle in and out of service for a total of around 2 months.

Wind Noise!
By T Hensley on 01/17/07 18:37 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always had GM products. After all the wind noise my TrailBlazer has this may be my last. People who ride in the back seat alway ask if the window is all the way up. After a while my wife and I just laugh. When I took it back to fix the wind noise I was told this is a bad feature with the 2005 models. We took it back again, and let them know we didn't pay all that money for a bad feature. It has been at the dealership for 6 weeks. They have tried many things but wind noise is still there.

TrailBlazer OK
By Dennis Greene on 12/05/06 04:00 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle now seems to be OK. It took a long time to work all the bugs in the electrical system out almost every other week it was in the shop. Now I enjoy the ride and the comfort.

Hate my TrailBlazer
By towldy on 11/23/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy person, but this will be my last one. Bought this SUV new and have had problems with it. At 9,000 miles a rear door started rusting on the inside. I am on my third set of hatch shocks. First time they went bad I almost got my arm caught in hatch. Fan belt squeals every morning and I get 12 miles per gallon. Really dissapointed with this vehicle. It only has 13,000 miles on it. GM quality is a major issue.

Excellent SUV
By N Virginia on 10/17/06 04:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A wonderful, comfortable, safe vehicle. We have found this TrailBlazer to be very sure footed on slick roads. All wheel drive is very easy to use with a flick of a switch or just leave in "Auto". The running gear is solid and dependable. Unlike other SUV's from Asia, you can actually fill the seats and not exceed the maximum gross weight. This TrailBlazer is very quiet on the road. At 65 miles per hour, you can whisper to the person next to you. We have never had a problem with our TrailBlazers as this is our second!

Solid Suv
By mickey on 09/25/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

At first I worried about buying American due to the fact of poor reliability. I'm going on 2 yrs with this truck, and it has performed perfectly. I have about 18,000 miles on it with no issues. It is great in the winter. It gets you through anything without a problem. The ride is soft, so it does wallow a little bit, but overall has a nice ride.

Like it, don't love it
By Les Kevehazi on 09/14/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have been happy with the vehicle. On the highway it is great, with a smooth and quiet ride. It is a little big to drive in the city daily. I would recommend it for long trips.

Overall
By Mark G on 08/10/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My family and I recently traveled 1,600 miles with no problems. SUV performed well. It appears that Chevy has a winner in performance and little maintenance expense other than normal maintenance.

Love my SUV
By andrea on 08/01/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a mother of 2 active children who has to have friends go everywhere we go. I really didn't like the feel of driving a minivan, plus it wasn't 4WD so I thought I would try an SUV. I love it. I wouldn't buy anything else. I can count on it to get me through tough snow storms with ice and rain. There's enough room for 7. and not be jammed in. Gas mileage is just as good as a van. I'm getting 19 mpg in town and about 23 mpg on the highway. I love my SUV

Good Value
By Good Vaule on 07/02/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The SUV is wan't a bad purchase if you're looking for a nice ride which has had no major issues. The recurring problem is if you don't turn the gas cap 2-3 Full turns after you fill the tank the engine light would come on which can be very annoying. It will shut off after about 7 start-ups. If not, you have to take it to the dealership so they can reset the darn thing. Overall, not a bad buy and with the peace of mind that their are Chevy dealers everywhere if you were to need service.