2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
I miss my Trailblazer
By Jo on 02/26/08 22:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I owned my Trailblazer for almost 2 years. Bought it used with 15000 miles on it. I'm shocked by the negative reviews on other Trailblazers because mine was great, except for the gas mileage. It started out at 17 mpg, later was getting 14 mpg. As much as I hated to, I decided to trade it for a Hyundai Tuscan so I could get better gas mileage. When I traded, it had 35000 miles on it. Other than it being in the shop a few times right after I got it, to replace a window motor and radio (which were covered under warranty) I never had any other problems. I wish that Chevrolet had made the Trailblazer get the same gas mileage as my Tuscan. I'd still be driving it

Take my word, don't purchase
By jd on 02/17/08 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing but trouble out of my trailblazer. Like the looks, but that's about it. Only has 32,000 miles and I'm having misfires in cylinders. Dealership can't figure out what's wrong. Want to charge me thousands of dollars to test different "theories". Hatch shocks are also already out. Plus there was a whinning in the motor, come to find out the tensioner pulley was going out. Going to get rid of the suv, before it completely goes out.

Nice, family SUV
By cdb on 01/19/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I'm not much into power of the vehicle and all of that. I will say this is my 2nd TrailBlazer. The 2nd one I upgraded to the third row, DVD player, and leather seating. Very comfortable, smooth riding SUV.

I'm finally at peace
By IowaBreeze on 12/10/07 11:33 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I finally got rid of my 1999 GMC Jimmy money-pit and traded up to this Trailblazer two days ago. Almost immediately I had to drive in an ice storm and was very pleased about the handling and performance. Ride is very smooth, mileage is what one should expect for an SUV. Plenty of room for cargo, love the sunroof and other features. So far, so good!

2005 Trailblazer 4wd
By RO on 09/27/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 Trailblazer used with 20k miles on it. My wife mostly drives it. We absolutely love it. I love the Inline 6 it has plenty of power to pull my motorcycle trailer with 2 motorcycles. We have taken it on several trips and it is very comfortable. I replaced the factory stereo with an aftermarket unit as the factory radio is not the best. That would probably be my only complaint. One other complaint I suppose would be the oil filter location. I am a DIY kinda guy and do my own oil changes. The filter is a real pain to get to. Other than that I love this SUV. And the factory tires are not the best.

not happy but stuck
By bryan on 09/21/07 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Tranny went out at 30K miles. Gm put band-aids on & would not replace it. I am very disgusted w/GM service. Never again. Trailblazer is worse than most on retaining value. I am in the tank on this one & still bought it 8K under list price.For an LT the stereo sucks.Rear leg room not much. Better to spend the money on a used Tahoe.Mileage is no different. Handles terrible and wind noise is the worse I have ever seen.Not reccomended by me to buy one.

I Love My TrailBlazer!
By Jeremy on 09/14/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What a great make by GM. I has a proud driver of the TrailBlazer. Don't get me wrong, there are some kinks to work out. But they are all minor. Other than that this is a brilliant car. Fun to drive. I'm 6'2" and it was hard to find a car that I was comfortable in.

Cheap Cheap Cheap
By Jamie Keaton on 07/07/07 20:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4, purchased it in February 2006 with around 11,000 miles on it. Since I've owned the vehicle, I've already replaced the rotors. The rubber molding trim around the back doors comes through when the doors are shut. The black plastic molding around the front driver side door handle keeps falling off- local Chevrolet dealership fixed it and it fell off again. The front passenger seat molding around the bottom of the seat is loose. The glove compartment will completely fall out onto the floor from time to time. Overall this vehicle was made cheap and I'll never buy another one. I'm looking into trading for a Toyota 4Runner.

I Love My Trailblazer
By 4 door LS SUV on 05/30/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like the high ride, and the durability of this vehicle, and the room and comfort.

Hunk of Junk!
By Stash on 03/23/07 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my TrailBlazer for 2 years and have had nothing but problems. The first thing that went wrong was the driver side panel on the seat had to get replaced within a year. The second thing was the rear windshield wiper hinge had to be replaced. The fourth is the passenger side panel on the seat had to be replaced. The fifth thing is my dash and headlights keep dimming often. I took it to the dealership and they claim it's normal. The sixth item is the rear windshield wiper hinge had to be replaced again. The final thing so far is that my hatch shocks are going out and the hatch will not open all the way. This truck is junk. I'm getting a foreign car. I had a 5 year old Civic, and not one problem.