Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 170 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

THIS CAR IS A NIGHTMARE
By GRISEL71

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck less than 5 years and I have already needed a new transmission, a new throttle unit and a gas pump unit. I have spent over 8,000 on this car all happened after warranty naturally. Mechanic tells me this is a VERY common issue with trailblazers and all parts are always on shelf because of this common need for these particular parts but chevy won't recall them. I'm junking it and still have 10K to pay unbelievable so much for American made cars.....never again Chevy (GM) is uncooperative and taking peoples money!

TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET

Worried I made the wrong purchase
By Dee

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2001 Jeep in for a trailblazer, loved the handling the first time I drove it. It had 31K when I purchased it and now it has 36K. I have had to replace both front wheel bearings (which thank god I purchased the extended warranty) and the air pump system needed to be replaced. Currently since my check engine light came on due to the air pump my cruise total will not stay engaged. So back to the garage. I am now starting to feel a slip in the transmission. There is also barely any room up front and the wind noise in the doors and windows are annoying. Wished I read these reviews first. I would of stayed with Jeep or Toyota.

Style...moon roof and Bose stereo

Better quality...fix wind noise

Trailblazer 2005 LS 4WD
By Chevyman

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Hold on to your horses on this one. Owned chevy products in the past and this one should be buried with the design. Reconsider this one folks, not bad under 36K but be prepared for costly repairs after warranty is out. Chevy with the 4.2 is noted for numerous electrical problems (Fuel sending units) bad connections and less than favorable gas mileage. Purchased new and currently average 11- 14mpg highway and have done all service inspections and it still has cost me over four thousand in repairs. Interior very cheaply assembled GM could have done a better job!! Think twice or even three times before you invest in this model and be prepared for repairs.

Smooth ride and room in the rear seat.

Interior quality poor which also explains the same level of workmanship on the exterior. The 4WD is horrible except in low gear 4WD.

Please Reconsider This Vehicle
By ballyclassic

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in 2005 and it has been a long road with repairs. I finally feel at 4,000 in out of pocket repairs I'm at the end for reliability. Several electrical problems (Not covered) fuel system problems, I don't have enough space to comment. Please reconsider this vehicle it is very poor on mpg 14-15 overall and horrible in the snow or wet roads. If you live in a perfect climate than this is for you. One rainy day, snow covered road or ice and you will be trading it in. I have been a GM owner for years but sorry to say I will not be a supporter in the future.

I really can't find any.!!!!!

Great SUV, Poor MPG
By Brian

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Trailblazer for over 4 years now and finally paid it off. Its a great SUV that is comfortable, sturdy, and great offroad and on the highway. The extended version is nice and provides 8 feet by 4 feet of room (when front seats are pushed forward) for gear or even a sheet of plywood. the seats in the middle are comfortable but a little cramped for anyone over 6 feet tall. The seats in back are great for kids but not adults. Overall the SUV runs great (only had a speedometer issued covered under warranty) and never any other issues. Sometimes the wind noise coming over the mirrors is a little annoying though.

Smooth ride off road and on the highway. Great Horsepower doesn't even feeling like your speeding....

back seat able to be laid flat and locking locks for the mid seats when they are folded up so they don't slam down during a stop and go. Oil filter accessibility need to be slightly larger...Locking mechanism on rear trunk sometimes doesn't close properly if window if open along with bottom portion...