Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Great Vehicle
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd posting regarding the Trailblazer, the last being in March of 08. This truck has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned. It now has 63,000 miles on it and has never needed anything other than oil and filter changes. It is quick, comfortable, and can carry a lot of cargo with the seats folded down. Go easy on the gas pedal and it will get 20-21 mpg on the highway.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling. heated seats, satellite radio, On-Star (it works really well in emergencies) as well as the remote diagnostics. Like the drivers information center for mpg and fuel used between fill ups. Great truck, would buy another.

Suggested Improvements

Same as last posting

Trailblazer review
By lu213

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have owned our trailblazer since 2005. We purchased the vehicle with only 20,000 miles on it. IT now has 100,000. We have never had any major problems with our T blaze, other than replacing the battery, thermostat, and the idler pulley. I do all the maintenance on the vehicle. We live in a rural area approximately 20 miles to the nearest city so we do alot of driving and traveling. The vehicle handles very well and pulls great to be a six cylinder under a load. In all a very nice suv would recommend to any one looking to purchase a suv.

Favorite Features

sun roof, driver passenger separate air, 4 wheel drive, the structure of the vehicle

Great SUV
By mwraith

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this suv with 45000 miles and the only problem was the radio lights went out covered by extended warr After adding a k&n filter i get around 19 mpg in town very strong engine for a 6 cly great family car and great for traveling so far no problems and have made two trips from north carolina to arizona and still quiet and fun to drive. a good buy for todays cars and with all cars having problem this one is a great buy for the money

Favorite Features

bose system sounds great seats are comfortable great room for my family of 6 lots of leg room

Suggested Improvements

bose need to research why lights fail

could be better
By jim and valerie

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

at 62000 miles the transmission has developed. that has me worried, after having a Ford Taurus and a Dodge Caravan both developed leaks and major problems at around 65000 miles. so you see it seems to be an American car company problem not just Chevy. gas mileage is extreme. around 20 highway and 13 city in two wheel drive. lock in 4-wheel drive and it drops to 10 or less. my v-8 ford pickup does better by far.

Favorite Features

comfort,room, interior

Suggested Improvements

transmission, mileage, clearance- got stuck at the post office in six inches of snow.

THIS CAR IS A NIGHTMARE
By GRISEL71

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck less than 5 years and I have already needed a new transmission, a new throttle unit and a gas pump unit. I have spent over 8,000 on this car all happened after warranty naturally. Mechanic tells me this is a VERY common issue with trailblazers and all parts are always on shelf because of this common need for these particular parts but chevy won't recall them. I'm junking it and still have 10K to pay unbelievable so much for American made cars.....never again Chevy (GM) is uncooperative and taking peoples money!

Suggested Improvements

TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET