Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Love/ Hate
By lss

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my t-blazer for 5+ years. It had 99,000 but I have made several major repairs. Thank god we got the extended warranty. The exhaust manifold had to be replaced twice now, catalytic converter, DVD system, now the fuel gauge is not working and it is leaking tranny fluid. I am keeping it as long as I can but I think after 3 GM with problems I am moving on.

Lots of room, still looks good, mileage is ok

A lot, the problems it has are major and expensive!

Expensive to keep
By Rich Oas

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought at 18K. Took to dealer for electrical probs at 35K. They say nothing wrong...haha. Shortly Replaced... Htr fan switch, exhaust manifold (hole),ABS module,4wd transfer case,ball joints, wheel bearings,tie rods. Currently the htr fan switch is going bad and the gas gauge and speedometer don't work. I rarely get 16 mpg hiway, Air seals poor. The tailgate lock works intermittently, the lights dim on the road and went out on me once at nite. I have put over 5K over and above normal maint into this in 3.5 yr .Nothing covered under warranty. Other than that a real sweet ride. Was a GM customer for life ..never to buy another GM. The small and mid level SUV's and trucks are pure junk.

Ride

Front end recall/redesign/replacement , Wiring recall/redesign/replacement...entire car. New and better airseal design.

The Good, Bad, and Mean looking
By sladeltd

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The GOOD: Love the styling, even on the interior, its not high tech or futuristic, it is practical. It has the power when you need it. The BAD: I bought the extended warranty and 3 months after I bought it I had to replace the engine, cylinder lost compression and it was idling rough. I spoke with the Enterprise rental guys and they told me the Trailblazer was the vehicle they saw come in for warranty service the most. Enough said there. Road noise is bad because of bad fit for the windows and therefore leaks into the door panels. my speakers were corroded and I had to replace them. I had to replace the water pump. Bottom line, a good style design needs to be backed up by a reliable design

Power, design, cargo space.

leaky door panels, simple things like the speedometer and radio lighting. bigger brakes.

Would buy again
By loveit

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV and it has been wonderful. I would probably buy the 7 passenger now but at the time it wasn't an issue. There is a 12" height difference between my hubby and myself, we are both pretty particular about how a vehicle fits us, and we both fit comfortably. This vehicle has been very dependable, has plenty of towing capability, and lots of space for our cross country vacations with the family. We make sure the maintenance is taken care of routinely and have never had any issues with it. MPG is 16-17 city and 20-22 hwy and that's loaded down. It handles great in the snow and I feel very safe driving around my little ones.

sunroof, smooth ride (for a SUV), stylish, dependable, lots of room, tight handling

back seats should fold flat, less road noise inside

GAS Gauge & electrical issues
By Shaniqua856

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

on my 2nd fuel gauge replacement issue. Something failing in the gas tank saying Low Fuel (Always). I can't afford to replace it again @ $500 in 4 years of ownership, so using the "fuel used" meter to tell me when to fill. This has worked very well. Buttons on the radio & console wear very quickly & fuses fail continually so you just deal with it. A great deal of maintanence. When will there be a recall on the Fuel Gauge issue?

Comfort, ride, & winter handling.

quality to interior console. 41 yrs, I have never seen a car wear so poorly on the interior.