2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:
Decent purchase
By Jeffner on 03/04/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I received my trailblazer in 2006 with 12000 miles on it. We live in Florida and have traveled to TN drove in the mountains for a week, the truck handles lots of terrain. I now have 60,000 miles on it and other than a few hiccups I am very happy. I love the comfort with two children, getting in and out is a breeze. Lots of room, and smooth ride. Overall I liked it so much we just purchased our second trailblazer.

Most Underrated SUV On The Market
By Mel Turner on 02/13/09 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 TB, LS 4x4 in Jan 2007 with 97,000 miles. I paid $11,000. High mileage doesn't scare me. As long as you perform scheduled maintenance, today's engines are engineered to last 500,0000 miles or more. I installed DVD system, I put Continental tires on and had 100,000 service: tune-up, coolant and all fluids changed, all filters and engine belts changed. At 130,000 miles, my SUV runs like it just left the showroom floor. The most dependable car I've ever driven, including Toyota. I get excellent gas mileage for an SUV with a 6 cylinder truck engine. 4x4 extremey sure footed in inclement weather. I love my TrailBlazer.

2005 Lemon
By NomoreChevys on 01/26/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle at 36,000 miles and at 50,000 it needed a new transmission (automatic) because of a manufacturer defect that the dealership called "dipstick intrusion". Apparently water was getting in the transmission through the dipstick. Good thing we purchased the extended warranty or we would have been out $3500. This is the most unreliable car I have ever driven for how new it is. We take it in routinely for all regular maintenance and had tranny maintenance 2 months before it crapped out. Now the heater won't work and the oil gage is registering zero with no engine light indicator and there is oil in the engine. I'll never buy a Chevy again!

Great Car!
By kandb09 on 01/05/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love my TrailBlazer! I upgraded from a 2000 Grand Am which was falling apart. I bought it with 50,000 miles on it and I have no problems with it. We got a really good deal on it because it has some hail damage but I can deal with that because it pretty much paid for itself! As for gas I was only getting 26mpg with my Grand AM out of town and I'm getting 24-25 with my TrailerBlazer so I can't complain.

Fun SUV
By perkis on 11/11/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my TrailBlazer used with roughly 45k miles on it, have put 40k on it so far and love it, replaced the tires with some aggressive all terrain tires and performs well in snow and light mud. Haven't had any problems with it except for maintenance which is to be expected. 4.2 liter engine is a real work horse, regularly pulling a 5800 lbs boat and still getting 15mpg on the expressway. Somethings could be improved but every car/truck could be. Interior is a bit plain compared to other suv's. But I would take reliability and performance over looks any day. I would gladly buy another and intend to. To the people who complain about the gas mileage, when you bought it the sticker said the gas mileage

Good but not perfect
By LouAnn on 10/07/08 09:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a good reliable vehicle but we have has some issues along the way. The transmission dipstick rotted off near the handle (replaced under warranty) and the alternator pulley was squealing within the first year of ownership. We purchased new, but these just seem to be poor quality issues. More recently the trim at the top of the hatch froze in place (winter ice) and bent upward - nearly breaking the glass. The cheap plastic trim held up though it bent the metal brackets; this is an obvious design flaw. Half the radio lights are out and it's $800 to replace it. Fuel economy is ok for a big SUV(about 15mpg) and we took 4 kids to FL from MA in relative comfort last year.

Save Your Money !!
By Decisionmaker on 10/01/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I wish I had more than 700 characters to describe. Quality is less than desirable, very cheap interior, many factory screws missing. Fuel economy is a joke along with the electrical system. If considering this vehicle there is a reason for the 36K mile warranty, don't go past it. Many small issues and if your looking for a toss away vehicle you have made the correct choice. Just some advice for inclement zones, the trailblazer for a 4x4 is horrible in the snow/ice and even more dangerous on wet roads. I purchased new and have had all warranty work done and it is still a money hog with costly repairs. Gee, I wonder why GM is in trouble with TRUCK and SUV sales.Sorry this is my last GM product.

Noisy
By j. m. on 09/10/08 11:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I got one because I thought it looked good and it was a Chevy which made me think reliable. I have a 03 Blazer with over a hundred thousand miles no problem at all. With less than ten since I bought my 05 TrailBlazer with 30 thousand miles I've changed the water pump, power steering went out and the windows howl at high. Speeds due to bad weather stripping around the doors. The engine does have plenty of power and it handles well.

Wih high gas prices, these are cheap!
By Rick0822 on 08/21/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this vehicle for about a month. I traded in my 10 year old Sunfire, and yes I miss the gas mileage, but it's OK. So far it has been great, we've put roughly 1000 miles on it trouble free. We did buy an extended service contract for the length of the loan, other reviews have been subpar, so we didn't want to chance it. With gas prices so high we paid $13K, and it had a window sticker of $36K. We bought it planning to only keep it around for 3 years or so, but we might go long term. Personally, I wish we would have bought the 3rd row V8, gas mileage isn't that much worse. We just couldn't find one low mileage with an LT option package.

OK
By NIKKI on 07/06/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our second GM SUV this year it seems to be a nice vehicle. It delivers a very comfortable ride. And fuel economy well, it is an SUV. Not so great. It does tow well. We tow a 21 foot boat and it handles well. Overall I would buy another TrailBlazer.