Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Family favorite
By Rest in Peace

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 05' Trailblazer. For an LT model it had everything and drove like a charm. From Florida and drove this truck all the way to Watertown, NY through a blizzard and all and it held up like a gladiator! I had it for four years and had no major problems, expected to keep it forever until involved in a serious hit and run accident where our baby was totaled! At one point I thought we would flip but that truck stayed on all 4's and saved our lives! For the price this is the best of it's kind and is worth every penny!

Steering controls, Onstar, Leather and stereo sounds great! Handling is very impressive as well!

Like any larger SUV, the gas mileage isn't great, but it's an SUV! Other than that, great truck!

Not Reliable
By Karen Anderson

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for 2 1/2 years, Purchased with 22,000 miles, thought I had a winner until 46,000 miles when all heck broke loose, by the time I'm done with repairs I could have bought a New vehicle. Latest repair $2500 for a new transmission at 50,000 miles, call into GM but I guess they are hurting more than I for money, Strongly suggest NOT TO BUY

On Star for when the vehicle leaves you stranded. Smooth ride is unbelievable, XM radio is great,very roomy and comfortable on long trips

Better workmanship to last longer, More help from GM on fixing issues after warranty expires.They need to take responsibility for the cheaply built product

Lots of problems in a short time
By mike

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for over a year now. When I got it, it had 85,000 miles on it. I love the way it drives and handles, tows great as well, and is comfortable. When I first got it, I had to replace the fuel pump $300. Next, the number 5 cylinder= $3300. Now at 94,000 miles I have a transmission leak on the line, transmission shifts hard and may need to be replaced.

towing, power

gas mileage, fuel pump, transmission

Car going in reverse while in Drive
By RM

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Is anyone experiencing problems with the trailblazer going in reverse while in drive? It has happened to me twice, once in traffic, while stopped at a light on a slight hill. The only way it would go forward was to turn it off and restart it.

This Truck
By Ashlie

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck almost brand new in 2006. Within 2 months the struts went out. Then the radiator then to top it all off for no reason I had to get a new motor in 2009. I don't understand how one truck can have so many problems. I don't understand how people are so happy with this truck.

fold down seats, awesome radio, nice interior

the motor, performance, struts